Wire Shortcuts

by daydev

Removes red and green wires as craftable items and makes them available as shortcuts, similar to blueprints and planners. Let them clutter your inventory no more! Additionally, adds a shortcut to pick up a copper wire for the rare instances when it's necessary. Also includes a wire cutter selection tool to quickly remove all wires in an area.

Utilities
1 year, 7 days ago
0.17 - 1.1

i [Already Implemented] Add entity filters to cutter tool

3 years ago

It would be great if the tool only selected things that actually can be connected with wires. You can use the entity type filters on the selection tool prototype to do this. It's a small thing, but it would make the mod just a bit nicer.

I would also suggest lightening the selection color a bit, but that's just my personal preference.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello. Unless something is broken, the mod already does this by using exactly that property, you can check the code in the prototypes/wire-cutter.lua :) It may look like it selects everything because almost everything can be connected in Factorio. It doesn't select assembling machines or rail, for example. The filtered selection may be more apparent in the alternative selection of the black cutting tool where it only selects things connectable by copper wire. I would like it to only select things that are actually connected, but it didn't seem like the API supports additional selection filters by state on top of the basic entity type/name filtering.

3 years ago

Ah, I apologize. I forgot that belts can be connected to the circuit network. Thanks!

3 years ago

No problem, thanks for taking interest in the mod.

New response