Wind Speed Changing

The speed of wind changes dynamically

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

g Crazy High Wind Speeds

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I installed this mod on an existing save, and after a few hours I saw my "Wind Turbines 2" turbines spinning like airplane propellers and the smoke from my factory was blowing so fast that the individual particles were stretched across the screen. I couldn't find anything in the Mod Configuration panel about this mod, is it not advised to install without starting a new game?

3 years ago

You can just wait, the strong wind must be pretty short.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Does the wind speed scale to above 100% of the default wind speed? In general though I agree, the wind speed is too high, the smoke is blown away way to hard. Normal values seem to be at wind speeds below 0.1
edit: I checked and default wind speed seems to be 0.02 (thats what I get if I start a new game). If other wind generators are balanced around that value, then the long term average wind speed should stay around that value to not break the balancing of those wind generators.

2 years ago

Can confirm, wind speeds seem too insane. When paired with Wind Turbines 2 mod the basic wind turbine should be producing about 750Kw, but it end up producing about 40-50Mw. Seems a bit off, doesnt it?

2 years ago

What is the average power outcome?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Well, that depends. I'm actually starting to think that this is the problem with the turbine mod, as vertical axis turbines work quite well with your mod and do not behave like sometimes they go super sayan. Wind turbines from WT2 mod on the other hand just dont seem to care and sometimes their output exceeds 50Mw per turbine. Other times, namely when wind is practically nonexistant and vertical ones stop producing power, their output drops below 350Kw. On average each turbine produces around 2-10Mw depending on the wind, when they should have cap out on 750 Kw. So, considering everything I said so far, I think that power production issue is not really connected with your mod, but I'm not sure if you intended wind to just puff out smoke to the shadow realm from time to time, it almost seems like a hurricane ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Considering that, do you think you could take over support of that mod? It seems like a fine addition to your own vertical axis mod, as it is basically mid to late game option and you are obviously know what you are doing. Its a shame that that mod is basically abandoned as far as I can tell.

2 years ago

Do you have enough modding skills to support this mod? I have not enough time for mods supporting anymore.

2 years ago

Nope, my cave man brain cant handle anything harder that smashing stones against each other. Sorry, I was not aware that you have not enough time to support mods. Well, lets hope someone in the community will do that in the future.

2 years ago

Normally they work well and have no issues :)

5 months ago

I solved the high wind speed problem.
Inside the zip file there is a file called control.lua. Extract it. Edit the file with text editor. Now find the line:
local max_speed = 0.2 -- really high speed
change it to
local max_speed = 0.05 -- reasonable wind speed
replace the control.lua in the zip file with the new version.

Bingo!

5 months ago

@bontekoe
Can you please update the mod?

New response