Merging Chests

by Atria

Enables merging of multiple chests into one entity. Supports merging of arbitrary number of chests (configurable in mod settings). Version 5.0.0 introduced potentially breaking changes for old saves. If your have chests larger than 42 don't update to 5.0.0.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Storage

b Incorrect working setting "Only chest"

2 months ago

When I select the chest only setting, then either the height or width of the chests becomes maximum 1. I think this is a bug and should not work like that

2 months ago

This is expected behaviour if I understand correctly. When you select "Only chest" you are saying that you want only 1xN and Nx1 blocks of chests to be mergable

2 months ago

Please make the description clearer, thanks

2 months ago

What did you think it meant?

2 months ago

Judging by the name of the settings for selecting the type of chest, it seemed to me that “Chest only” means that only chests can be combined. Or only the warehouse, this includes only warehouses from the mod.

2 months ago

So if you would select "Only Warehouses" what would you expect to be mergable? Because warehouses are types of merged chest, so I don't understand the thought process

2 months ago

After some time I had figured out that the settings means,
but my first thought was the settings change only appearance of the merged chests.

like "Only chests" — the graphics of all merged chests are "chests", the 2x2 chest looks like not the warehouse, but like the 1xN chests, etc.

btw, that would be cool feature.

2 months ago

But unfortunately that would need a lot of code changes

New response