Merging Chests

by Atria

Enables merging of multiple chests into one entity. Supports merging of arbitrary number of chests (configurable in mod settings). Version 5.0.0 introduced potentially breaking changes for old saves. If your have chests larger than 42 don't update to 5.0.0.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Storage

g Incompatible with Ultracube

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

Hi, as reported in a thread (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Ultracube/discussion/65987d4075514d8c7a8b81fc) this mod causes script errors when used in Ultracube because it calls surface.create_entity and entity.destroy on chests without setting raise_built = true and raise_destroy = true respectively. I'm not sure if changing this is something you would consider, but otherwise I had to mark this mod as incompatible for now.

3 months ago

Hi, I think the events for merged chests shouldn't be raised in general because theoretically the entity was not created/destroyed. Do you know if the event is used by the game itself (for example to show the created/destroyed entities in the kill statistic dialog)?

Anyway I'll raise the event if your mod is detected.

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

That would be great.

Do you know if the event is used by the game itself (for example to show the created/destroyed entities in the kill statistic dialog)?

I haven't tested but it's at least my reading of the docs here that this is only used for inter-mod communication: https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/events.html#script_raised_destroy e.g. "A static event mods can use to tell other mods they destroyed something by script."

theoretically the entity was not created/destroyed

I would say in practice it wasn't, but theoretically it was since we might have entity references that are no longer valid etc :P

3 months ago

I'll check the statistic screen and I'd always raise the events if it doesn't show up there. Hopefully it won't cause problems with other mods :D

3 months ago

Create/destroy events raised in 5.0.0

New response