Merging Chests

by Atria

Enables merging of multiple chests into one entity. Supports merging of arbitrary number of chests (configurable in mod settings). Version 5.0.0 introduced potentially breaking changes for old saves. If your have chests larger than 42 don't update to 5.0.0.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Storage

g Chest stack size?

2 years ago

I noticed when this mod is enabled, the stack size for steel chests goes from 50 (vanilla) up to 1.6k. Is this a bug or a "feature"?

The reason I noticed it was because my shopping mall setup is set to make 4 stacks of chests... and before I realized what was happening it ate up a huge amount of steel.

2 years ago

It is a feature, which can be disabled by mod settings. But in order for bots to place chests larger that 50 tiles the stack size has to be modified.

2 years ago

Ah, I see.

2 years ago

I have noticed this too, when you say it can be disabled by mod settings, is it the maximum chest area setting or is it something else?

1 year, 1 month ago

I'd like to learn about how to disable this properly, too. Right now, this has a negative effect on my map-wide logistics. I have way way to much of those chest items in my build trains and in circulation (in general). For now I worked around this by deleting the file "data-final-fixes.lua" from the mod package. This "restored" the default stack size for the chests. But I don't feel comfortable by modifying the mod files.

11 months ago

Hmm, actually it isn't a mod setting, must have removed it at some point, but I'll readd it

5 months ago

@Atria - did you end up adding the setting back?

5 months ago

No, because the game complains if placing some chest requires more items that one stack:

item-to-place "steel-chest" count (100) can't be larger than the the item stack size (50).

New response