Merging Chests

by Atria

Enables merging of multiple chests into one entity. Supports merging of arbitrary number of chests (configurable in mod settings). Version 5.0.0 introduced potentially breaking changes for old saves. If your have chests larger than 42 don't update to 5.0.0.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Storage

b Perf. Issues when opening GUI

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi, after installing this mod I noticed that my FPS/UPS would tank when opening specific GUI windows.
This specifically happens when I open the Electric Network Info GUI, costing up to 30ms of the CPU budget, which seems a bit much for just adding some chests?

I hope this is enough info but if more is needed let me know.

3 years ago

Hello, and this performance drop will disappear when mod is uninstalled again? Does this happen before you place any merged chests down, or do you already have bunch of chests merged? Does this happen in new game or just in existing game (how large is you base)?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I'm not at home atm, but just quickly to answer some of the questions:
Yes the performance drops go away when I disable the mod
I currently already have some merged chests (5-10 of them) not too large though, 1x20 and 2x10 for all of them.
This is an existing base on a very large save (170mb save file), the base itself isn't that big, but we explored a lot.
When I get home I can run a few tests on the remaining questions (new map, and with/without chests)

I did have success with other performance improving solutions which got stated in other discussions (reducing the max size of chests through mod options). And while this does work, and make the issue somewhat less of a problem, it seems rather strange that more generated entities would result in the electrical info screen specifically to cause GUI performance issues. Hence me reporting it here :)

I'll be back later with the remaining questions answered.

3 years ago

I'm not even sure if I will be able to help, this mod doesn't even make entities which could appear of electric info screen.

Maybe it is caused just by having so much entities which game has to iterate when displaying electric info. But if that is the case I could only suggest reducing the limits even further, or contacting developers with bug that mod with large amount of non eletrical entities cause electric info screen to lag. :(

3 years ago

I'll go and bother the devs themselves. An empty map has the same issues.

3 years ago

I am having the same issue. With just "Merging Chests" it drops from 60 to 30fps/ups, with "Merging Chests Unlimited" it drops to 12fps/ups.
Let me know if you managed to find a solution.

3 years ago

I have the same issue, but I have quite a few mods installed so I was not sure which mod is responsible. I deactivated this mod and it improved it a lot, but I am still only at 50 fps even on a new save.

3 years ago

It seems to be unrelated to this mod, people have reported it independent here:
https://forums.factorio.com/86356
Seems to be fixed with 0.18.35

New response