Merging Chests

by Atria

Enables merging of multiple chests into one entity. Supports merging of arbitrary number of chests (configurable in mod settings). Version 5.0.0 introduced potentially breaking changes for old saves. If your have chests larger than 42 don't update to 5.0.0.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Storage

b game won't load

3 years ago

so maybe a month ago when i loaded up the game to play on a server i noticed that it was taking a long time and when i checked on it, it was loading widechest which i am sure is this mod but correct me if i am wrong but anyway it was just loading there never-ending and it would load mods before it fine but never would load itself, i ended up going into files and deleting it and that worked but whenever i try to join a server that has the mod and it auto downloads it when it restarts it still goes on inf loading. plz help also i already tryed to verify game files and that did not help it

3 years ago

You probably modified the mod setting to generate too many chests. Unfortunately there isn't a way to reset mod settings from outside of the game other than deleting the mod setting file (mod-settings.dat). Or move the file somewhere else in case that it wasn't caused by this and you have modified other mod settings.

3 years ago

i have modified setting ingame but the only thing i have changed in files is deleting it. also do u mean that there is no way to fix this? can i not use this mod at all?

3 years ago

Are you using the latest version of this mod? Latest version of this mod have hard limits, so it should load for you just fine. Just make sure you don't have https://mods.factorio.com/mod/WideChestsUnlimited also installed.

After you load the game, take a look at mod settings to see what are the chest sizes limits. Default are:
Maximum chest width: 42
Maximum chest height: 42
Maximum chest area: 1600

3 years ago

well i have it installed through the game

3 years ago

well i have it installed through the game. i will try to install it throught this website and see if it fixs it

3 years ago

If you have up to date version of this mod and you don't have WideChestsUnlimited installed, the game should load fine.

New response