Merging Chests

by Atria

Enables merging of multiple chests into one entity. Supports merging of arbitrary number of chests (configurable in mod settings). Version 5.0.0 introduced potentially breaking changes for old saves. If your have chests larger than 42 don't update to 5.0.0.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Storage

b Game crash while loading at startup

4 years ago

crash log
"Error loading mods"
Failed to load mods: Error while sorting items-to-place for entity prototype "steel-warehouse-21x5 (container): item-to-place "steel-chest" count (105) can't be larger than the the item stack siz (100)
Mods to be disabled:
*wideChest (3.0.6)

so am useing Bob's mods, and i didn't found which Mod of the bob series makes the problem, i'll test and report it, important to say right now is, it works on 0.17+ but in 0.18+ like the crashlog said it dont work. is there a way to fix it? btw i seem the other post with allmost the same problem, and i tryed it, but it did't work. so pls try to fix this, i really dont want to play without bob or mergechest.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

i had the same error with wooden chests and without angel/bob (warehouse 14x4=52 > 50), but on reading the patchnotes for factorio 0.18.19, this seems to be a new feature of the base game, and thus no simple bug/fix, but requires some completely new idea to make such widechests placeable when they consist of too many single chests :-(

didn't some mod setting exist to allow or disallow this feature (increase stacksize for chests to allow this)?
a first quick "fix" to at least make existing maps usable and not lose those chests and their contents when loading the map without the mod might be to remove this parameter from the prototype and thus temporarily disallow widechests in cut/copy/paste and blueprints (make them only buildable directly, but not by bots etc). or it might be as simple as forcing this mod parameter to be enabled and automatically increase the stacksizeof chests (when playing with 42x42 widechests, vanilla chests suddenly would get a stacksize of 1764+ :-) ...

(disclaimer: i am no modder; this post is only to inform about what i saw, for everybody to understand the problem that this mod now has and why there might be some changes to widechests and vanilla stacksize of chests in the future)

patchnotes for 0.18.19 :
Added a check to make sure placeable_by.count isn't larger than the placeable_by.item.stack_size.
(to fix the problem described in https://forums.factorio.com/83928)

the function that has this limit now : https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Entity#placeable_by
placeable_by
Type: ItemToPlace or table of ItemToPlace
Item that when placed creates this entity. Determines which item is picked when "Q" (smart pipette) is used on the entity, determines which item is needed in a blueprint of this entity.
The item count specified here can't be larger than the stack size of that item.

4 years ago

ok, this is the same problem that someone else already had described in https://mods.factorio.com/mod/WideChests/discussion/5e9d99179e85eb000fbb4f2a

and just as i had assumed, the stacksize can be increased to fix the problem, and it even has already been done two days ago, as i now read in that other thread. THANKS FOR THE QUICK FIX !

4 years ago

This seems to be a problem about compatibility with Bob/Angel, which also changes stack size of chests. I'll try to figure out which mod does it and fix it.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Okay, a mod from my modlist "Bonus Techno" "https://mods.factorio.com/mod/techno" causing this problem.
And I thought it was just Bob, but no, this one too.

Maybe there is still a problem between Bob and Mergechest. RN I found a problem. but with the "techno mod"the crashlog talks about "wooden-warehouse-21x5" count (105) can't be larger then the item stack size (100)

i hope that helps a bit to found a way to solve this! righ now i'll test Bob mods with merge. then i will report again, if i found something!

Edit : the mod "bonus techno" changes the stack size, and has a setting to change it to 1000 and so on, its very flexible, BUT its still crashing, Because the warehouse (wood,steel, what ever ) is every time 5 size bigger as that what i changed. for example if i set it to 1000 then the warehouse error will come with (1005) and if i come with 400 then its (405) thats what i found out. ;)

4 years ago

Yes, basically any mod which modifies stack_size of any mergable chest could be potentially a problem :( .

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

funny i update my post while u have allready replied. btw i loaded in with bob, angel and so on, there is No error any more, just a error with bonus techno.

Edit : is it still possible to get both mods working together? or is the best if am just delete the mod (bonus techno).

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

"Doubled message" i just removed the content just to avoid confusion and lines length

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

sry my mistage,,, ähhmmm possible to delete old post's? am new here :D

now i know what happend i pressed on " " not on "edit" , because i want to correct my older post. then instad of correct he just doubled the post and has answered to my old post :D

4 years ago

I have already the 3.0.6 version but the error occurs together with squeak true? I play with sea block mod (AngelBob integrated), merging chest all types and Restack. Seablock itself isnt the problem i think.
the crashlog talks about "wooden-warehouse-25x4" count (205) can't be larger then the item stack size (200)
is there a way in sight to fix the problem? this mod is a very good mod for the flexibility by placing cests and since i play with it i wouldn't miss it.

4 years ago

Restack is changing stack size of mergable chests after mine mod has already changed it. Unfortunetely it does it in last data-final-fixes stage.

New response