Merging Chests

by Atria

Enables merging of multiple chests into one entity. Supports merging of arbitrary number of chests (configurable in mod settings). Version 5.0.0 introduced potentially breaking changes for old saves. If your have chests larger than 42 don't update to 5.0.0.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Storage

b wrong blueprint amount

4 years ago

hy,
when merging 10 chest next to eachother into 1 merge chest 10 wide, it will consist of 10 chests.
when deleting it, it will give back 10 chests, when placing it back it will take 10 chests.
when blueprinting, demolition and placing the blueprint ( or use copy past shortcuts, or ctrl+z ),
it will give back 10 chests, and will take 10 chests to build...
...with construction bots.
when using the construction drones from the construction drones mod made by Klonan,
it will give back 10 chests, and will take 1 chest to build.
This way by copy paste and delete you will get an infinity amound of chests ( and by recycling them with another mod, an infinity amount of steel or metal, can be automated with recursive blueprints to create metal out of thin air ).

4 years ago

Which Klonan's mod? I can't reproduce it in vanilla.

4 years ago

the tiny construction drones looking like a bunch of compilatrons you get with the 'construction drones' mod from Klonan.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Construction_Drones
or in the mod portal you can search for 'construction drones'.

4 years ago

Ok, I haven't seen a mod like this before. But it looks like his robots ignore the amount of resources they actually need to build the entity. Since vanilla construction robots work as intended with this mod (require X chests for chest of size X) I'd suggest creating a bug report on his mod.

New response