Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Force related bug

3 years ago

ok ok, i know my last post was junk, but this time i really did find a bug o.o

im player this mod with Team Comp and i cant open/use any of the whistle stop factories :(

3 years ago

So I had some issues related to this when I wrote this 2 years ago. I think I originally tried to make the factories on the neutral force, but then there were issues getting the loaders to work and connect to the machine.

I think I might be able to switch them to neutral which might let anyone use them, but I might not be able to do that at the same time as getting the loaders to work.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

that's not a problem for me, i have my own loaders, maybe make the loaders an option so i can use mine ?
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/deadlock-beltboxes-loaders

3 years ago

How goes it :p?

3 years ago

So I've done some digging and some thinking. First, the loaders are already an option. But the problem is that NO loaders connect to buildings that aren't your force, so that isn't really a solution.

So my factories will have to switch forces depending on whose loaders are near or something. But that is no solution because some people don't use loaders. So maybe I'll have to switch when you open the dialog to set the recipe. But I don't know if that'll work right to try to open up the dialog on the machine when it is someone else's force.

I haven't really been actively developing this mod for over a year now, so I'm pretty rusty in both factorio language and the details of my own mod.

New response