Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Refineries

5 years ago

I'm vacillating between 'bug' and 'suggestion' for this.

I flew around for an hour or two with the aircraft mod before finding a refinery. I'm not really sure what to do about that. It's so far away that even a nuclear fuel powered train would take a fair length of time to get there.

It seems like something should be done to make sure at least one refinery spawns within a 10-20 chunk radius of the starting area.

5 years ago

They do seem to be pretty rare. I was quite sad about not seeing them as I was really hoping to route my oil through ti on my BobsAngels run.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

In my personal play style, I like to start by building a small "standard" 1 or 2 belt per item bus. When I have most of everything researched I deconstruct my base and pack everything up onto a massive (farl - bulldozer mode) train and venture deep into the map. Like, a few screens away if your looking at the map screen zoomed all the way out. Then, I start looking for a large oil refinery with a nearby oil field. Yea they're rare, but once located, I use that as a starting point to begin laying the foundation for a mega base.

TLDR: You shouldn't need big refineries near the starting area since resources there are lame. Instead of reaching trains out to one of them, simply start your base near one

New response