Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Toggle loaders

5 years ago

I was considering using this until I realized that the loaders that are integrated into the factories aren't able to be toggled at all, I would really like to have them be able to be disabled so that I could use the ones from another mod.

5 years ago

You don't have to disable them to use ones from another mod. You can use both input loaders and output loaders both in the positions that already have loaders and the positions that don't. Why would you want ones from another mod anyway? These ones are automatically set to be as fast as the fastest belts/loaders available in your current game.

5 years ago

I am sort of picky, I don't like unpleasant textures in my games, placeholder textures and the like, and last I looked they were the old flat placeholder ones, would probably not be as picky as I am if they were using a more proper texture.

5 years ago

Several of the loader mods actually not only make their own entities, but also add textures to the base game loaders, so depending on the mod used, you may not get placeholder ones.

5 years ago

For example I would like to use miniloader loaders, It work fine but from OCD standpoint I think I would like to be able to disable default loader

5 years ago

I'm using this with a number of bob's mods among others, and this is a good suggestion, since i have currently inserters that are so buffed that they transfer around 270 items per second (ultimate stack inserters, upgrade... 27 or something at 90 deg angle), so even if it would use ultimate belt level modded loaders (66.6 items per sec), it is still a massive bottleneck. I am also using 5 range beacons so i boosted my green circuit factory to about 14376 items that need transfer... every second (stupidly boosted factory with 5 lv 3. prod. modules in it, so total 1290 crafting speed for a 25 speed recipe x 50 output items x 1.5 prod, and needed inputs), so only way i could supply this thing is with a massive drone base (of course, using nuclear bots because reasons) and every free edge filled with those inserters at 90 deg. angle (incredibly fast) BUT if there is a loader, inserter "releases" items on the belt, effectively causing a bottleneck, and with that i'm "loosing" 30 edge places out of total 68 available, and by calculations i barely have enough inserter throughput to make it happen.
so, awkwardly specific, but i also support an option that removes automated input/output loaders of any kind in this mod, and the other mentioned one (not being pushy <3).

5 years ago

) BUT if there is a loader, inserter "releases" items on the belt

I didn't think about inserters being faster or that inserters wouldn't work as well with the loaders. This all seems like a pretty reasonable justification to enable it as an option.

I'm glad you're also getting use out of the bobs+WSF compatibility I put in. I just finished yellow science in my bobs+WSF game.

I'll work on adding this feature.

New response