Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Incompatibility with Production Scrap 2 mod

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I use your mod with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ProductionScrap2 . That mod change recipes. You have only 94% chance to make product and 6% make scrap byproduct. And this mechanics apply on some of your factory recipes but in most cases it just give 1 item output, not 50 items.

Iron works wrong:

Steel works well:

I don't know who should fix this incompatibility and make two topic about this. Here and on other mod.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ProductionScrap2/discussion/5b9e2a1c9bda35000b4d16e1

5 years ago

First, thank you for reporting the bug and also reporting it is such a detailed way. I've been able to track down the issue to the odd way in which the iron-plate recipe results are specified in this particular mod:

result = "iron-plate",
results = { {
amount = 1,
name = "iron-plate",
probability = 0.94
}, {
amount = 1,
name = "iron-plate-scrap",
probability = 0.06
} },

The author has specified the results of the recipe TWICE once using the result=, which is designed for recipes with a single result (In this case it is saying that this recipe should just produce 1 iron plate, since 1 is the default when result_count isn't specified) and once using results=, which is designed for recipes with multiple results. Apparently the game doesn't complain though and still allows recipes of this form and it simply uses the results= as the actual results and ignores the result=. My mod saw the result= and assumed it was a single product recipe and adjusted by adding result_count=50 which would work with a single product recipe, but gets ignored in this recipe where both result= and results= are specified and just uses the amount=, which I didn't adjust because my mod thought it already adjusted the results. So either I need to adjust the amount= as a first attempt or always try to adjust both.

Anyway, technical details aside, this will be fixed in version 0.1.7, thank you for your report.

5 years ago

Thank you for really quick fix.

New response