Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Error code when making a scenario for a mate

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

A friend asked me to set up a scenario for him to try out the mod before he was going to use it in a run, everything looked well till I loaded up said scenario and got the error while running event notice
WHistleStopFactories::on_nth_tick(360)
Entity is not crafting-machine.
stack traceback:
WhistleStopFactories/control.lua:131: in function
< WhistleStopFactories/:control.lua:123>
https://imgur.com/a/4P6s4G1

5 years ago

My mod keeps an internal list of every factory that is spawned, and somehow something else got into that list (since all my factories are crafting-machines), and I'm honestly not sure how.

The main place in my code that things gets added to the list requires the entity having one of the names: "wsf-big-furnace", "wsf-big-assembly", "wsf-big-assembly-old", "wsf-big-refinery", "wsf-big-chemplant", which are all prototypes I define and would cause an error earlier if someone else tried to define another prototype with that name.

Can I ask, have that save been exposed to earlier version of my mod? Maybe I had a bug in an earlier version that added something to the list that wasn't suppose to be there? Or is that an error you can get using ONLY the latest version v0.1.4?

The other place I add things to the list is my update code, and maybe something went wrong there. Does this error happen every time you load this scenario? Is the scenario something can share with me?

5 years ago

Tried it again on a fresh save using the latest version of the mod and I'm still getting the error pop up and yes it happens each time I load it up

5 years ago

Also had to make the scenario from a saved world since the big factories ect from using just the scenario maker don't have proper input and outputs

5 years ago

Could you provide me a copy of both the save and the scenario so that I could troubleshoot the issue? If you don't have a place to upload them like dropbox, you could attach them to a comment in the factorio forums here: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=61205

New response