Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Pickup the factories??

5 years ago

Is there a way to pick up the factories at all, just the location of some of them is annoying haha, would be amazing to be able to move them???+

5 years ago

No, you're stuck with where they spawn. You can destroy them (they are especially weak to explosives), but you can't build them.

5 years ago

Are you planning on making it possible to build them in the future?
Just some biters don't like them and there is no way to replace it once it dies

5 years ago

I do have plans to make it possible to build them, but in a different mod, since that mod won't fit this mod's theme which is making the game all about trains. But yes, I'm working on it.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hi, any ETA on that second mod where you could build and move all the big stuff? I'm really interested in that one.
Also, if You could make it so that mod detect bob's mods so big factories have lv 4 and 5 belts on input and outputs (if it's possible), that would help in lategame. Thanks!

5 years ago

thumbs up on the building of these awesome factories :-)

5 years ago

hi, there as this mod where you can build them https://mods.factorio.com/mod/CircuitFactory

5 years ago
4 years ago

Checkout version 0.3.0 which now has an option (off by default) that lets you deconstruct and rebuild the factories. The only way to get them is still to find them in the wild, but you can move them wherever you want if you enable the option.

4 years ago

It could be interesting to have a way to repair the Factories from rubbles to functional again. So, for example, biters destroy a factory. It leaves behind a demolished-Factory that is not the target of any biter attacks. (If that's even possible) You, as the player, may either destroy the demolished factory to use the space, or repair it to use it again.

Also, if that's a thing, it also allows to spawn broken factories instead of alive so that player need to repair them before use.

4 years ago

I personally think that to be able to move or pick it up, it could be like in the mod Rocket Silo Construction, that you build the silo by adding the resources in a construction site, instead of handcrafting it or on a assembly machine. So its not that easy to build them or move them, and you can only do it after planning for it.

New response