Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Not spawning anything

5 years ago

Set the distance to 100, generated seven worlds, and ran a scan across forty thousand sectors. Nothing at all. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I was really looking forward to using this mod- About to try to load up the game with just RSO and WSF.

5 years ago

At 100, you should probably have them on your starting zone and shouldn't even have to explore. When I try it on 100, I get 4 WSF structures on the starting map without even having to move. Did it still not work with just RSO and WSF?

5 years ago

I could have sworn I replied here, but I guess my internet ate my post.

I did the usual Rimworld/Factorio solution and slowly added in my list, mod by mod, until it stopped working, and my result is...
Yes, it does work properly, UNTIL you add in a mod that makes trees regenerate, such as Fish and Wildlife.
Not sure what the incompatability is, but with a tree-regen mod installed and active, WSF won't spawn any factories, anywhere, ever.

5 years ago

First, thank you for taking the time to report this and hunt down the mod that I have an incompatibility with.

Okay, so looks like the issue has to do with my choice to avoid spawning my factories on resource patches. Since my factories can't really be moved, spawning on a resource patch effectively makes the resources below that factory inaccessible.

I do this by have my factories set to "collide with resources". And that particular mod puts invisible resource entities EVERYWHERE, which I think is the issue at hand. I have a few options:

1. Turn off resource collision AND modify my code to also exempt all the entities spawned by Fish and Wildlife, though I'd probably only do this when Fish and Wildlife is enabled.
  2. Simply set Fish and Wildlife as being incompatable with my mod
  3. Request Fish and Wildlife make my mod an optional dependency which will mean my on_chunk events will always load first so my factories will get placed before the resources from this mod become a problem.

I think I'm going to start with #3 and reach out to the author of the other mod and have them add my mod as an optional dependency.

5 years ago

The author was able to add my mod as a dependency. Also, I just added another option which allows the factories to spawn on top of resources. Its disabled by default, but enabling it should be another way to fix these kinds of issues.

New response