Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Possible conflict with NewGame+ and Map Regen

5 years ago

First of all, thanks for this mod, I have enjoyed using it greatly.

I think I have discovered a small conflict between this mod and the NewGame+ mod. NewGame+ allows a player to restart on a new planet bringing their inventory and technologies (Imagine the rocket home failed and you repeat). I did this once a while back and it worked - new whistlestop factories were spawned.

Now whenever I click the new game plus restart button I end up with no whistlestops on the map. I've tried removing all mods except new game+ and WSF as well as versions all the way back to .4. Older versions tend to have a problem on control.lua:44 about pairs not found and crash on restart. Newer versions (.1/.1.1) tend to just not spawn any WSF within 3000 range of player start (maybe more - didn't explore more).

Maybe it has something to do with the way WSF locations are tracked and not being reset when nauvis gets restart via NGP.

Thanks for the mod, I'd love it if you can fix this.

5 years ago

In version 1.0 I have in the changelog "Limited spawning to the main surface" because a friend complained about how I was spawning on his other surfaces on his mod and in his mod, it doesn't make sense to spawn them on other surfaces.

But I think we've actually resolved that issue by both other fixes in my mod and other fixes in his mod, so I'll likely reactivate other surface spawning in my next version.

5 years ago

Fantastic - happy to hear that. I look forward to the update when released.

5 years ago

The mod now should work on multiple surfaces by upgrading to the v0.1.2, though as I'm saying that I realize that this is one aspect I didn't test very well, so please get back to me if you run into any issues with it.

New response