Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b belts not working on Big Furnace

5 years ago

not sure if this is a bug or i am missing something but I have been playing for a couple of days now with this mod, i am really liking it but sometimes not all the belts import, even with beacons etc with it at +1050% there is still 1 or 2 belts not working or 1.5 like in this picture http://puu.sh/B9z0g/c3c444c6e1.jpg i don't have enough iron being supplied so it makes this quite apparent. this also happens over at my copper furnace but on 2.5 belts https://puu.sh/B9za1/553a4e96a4.jpg

5 years ago

You probably have some items stuck at the end of the loader. Try one of these:

• Run over the loaders as close to the building as you can holding your "pick items off ground button" (probably F).
  • Rotate the building 4 times to get it back to its original spot with brand-new loaders.

I'm not sure a good way to fix this issue. Normally you could just pick up the loaders and place down new loaders and it'd "fix" the loader by picking up the mismatched items which can't be loaded into the furnace. With these loaders, your only options are rotating the loader or running by picking up items, which aren't exactly the first thing a player would think to do. Maybe I need to create a warning system if a loader has items that don't match a machines current recipe.

5 years ago

ok thanks, you were right there was something stuck on the loaders, i had all ready tried to rotate it witch didn't seam to work but i removed the belt and ran over the loaders with F and is all working again, i am new to this game so like you said wasn't the first thing that i would think to try. i just noticed the sprites go under the silver arrow plates by 1 or 2 witch means i couldn't see what was blocking the items maybe you could just make it so they don't go under and the belt connects right at the silver plate instead of under it? :)

5 years ago

The silver plates serve an purpose to hide some of the clunkier parts of the loader animation. Without them it'd look like ores never even reach the end and many of them are just magically teleported off of the loader and disappear well before reaching the end. The silver part hides that whole section where the disappearing happens so that all the items cleanly disappear into the silver part before some of them are uncleanly just teleport away.

Though, even as the mod creator I've run into this problem once before and was scratching my head a little before I figured out the source of the issue. So it may be worthwhile for me to just remove the silver plate entirely, which may make the animation look worse, but it'd show items stuck at the end.

5 years ago

oh ok bit of a double edged sword, hopefully you can find a way to get the best of both worlds, thanks for replying and building this mod :)

New response