Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Mines, Icon size

5 years ago

Could the icon sizes be made to match the machine size? Chests tend to do that if you resize them, not sure why the assembly machines aren't

Second, Possibly add Large mining drills, either on generated patches, creating infinite patches under them, or just acting as immovable assembly machines making ore from nothing.

Maybe even Oil/Refineries. However much is reasonable.

5 years ago

Yes! Apparently there is just an option for that called scale_entity_info_icon. I had no idea, but sounds great to me, so it'll be enabled in the next patch! Thanks!

I guess my plan wasn't to cover everything. Miners, refineries, rocket silos, beacons, military structures. Though out of all of those, I think a giant miner on an infinite patch would probably fit into the overall concept of the mod fairly seamlessly, but would sort of undermine the need to expand, which has people building out train networks. So I think it would undermine, in a way, one of the things people use trains for.

There are a number of infinite ore mods though that I'm sure would compliment this mod that you could run at the same time. I also like to use the outpost planner mod to make setting up outposts a breeze.

I have now and again thought about my lack of refinery. Initially, I didn't really like the idea of spawning 3 or 4 different types of buildings (which is part of the reason why I combined chemical plants and assembling machines into one building) since that would remove a lot of flexibility. Maybe it's more of a positive than I'm thinking as it could be relatively rare and force exploration.

New response