Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Next version request

5 years ago

Hello,

this is a great idea! Could you please make a second version of this mod, where the stuff is not generated?
Make the big assembly and big furnace buildable and the 50x recipes locked for those monster factories.

All the best,
Lukasecicek

5 years ago

Yeah, like,they are as big and powerfull as 50 assemblers or electric furnace, they cost those respective 50 and some steel and circuit, and maybe a detection of mod, because i have a mod that add loaders much faster than a blue belt, and there is no room for directly input in it

5 years ago

I could add them as an option, but in the meantime please check out the following mods:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/CircuitFactory

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/TheBigFurnace

These are made by DellAquila, and as you can probably tell these were a big part of the inspiration behind this and I also borrowed a lot from them. The first mod only supports vanilla circuit recipes, so there would still be an advantage to me adding buildable as an option in mine.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I would also like a version where they are buildable.
Maybe even a research that makes it possible ingame, for example, purple-rank research to remove and place them, and gold-class research to make them. So in the beginning you are forced to train around them, and later you can adapt them to your factory plans. (maybe as 3 different options in mod settings)

Bugreport?
rotation seems to work almost outside the big factory, 1st time i try to rotate it, it even rotated when i tried to rotate a train almost 3 blocks away.

4 years ago

Checkout version 0.3.0 which now has an option (off by default) that lets you deconstruct and rebuild the factories. The only way to get them is still to find them in the wild, but you can move them wherever you want if you enable the option.

That isn't quite what you asked for, but hopeful its still a feature you'll enjoy.

New response