Waterfill

Placeable water. This mod allows the placement of water just like landfill.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g An incredible idea not thought of before...

4 years ago

I know this may dash one's ego and brilliance, however maybe you could conform the waterfill entity behavior like all other entities in the game. Pretty abstract right? Each entity in the game, all the objects you place on the map... yes those, when you place one top of you by accident, there is message, that says, "PLAYER IN THEY WAY" or something like that. The entity won't kill you. What do you think? Too hard right?

4 years ago

if you know of a way to stop it do let me know but other wise i dont and all the other water fill mods available have the same problem as well to my knowledge.

4 years ago

Thank you for the mod @untraceablesmurf. You don't owe a response to people acting like that.

4 years ago

That's why I only use the mods by Jaxprog

4 years ago

@untraceablesmurf

If you have a look at the CanalBuilder code, it works by extending the offshore-pump prototype as a dummy entity, then uses an event handler for "on_built_entity" and "on_robot_built_entity" to replace all the dummies with water. You could use a chest or something as the dummy entity if you just want it to be placeable on land.

For plain waterfill it also might be possible to modify landfill to place water so you can re-use it's features like the user being able to change brush size.

3 years ago

honestly, if you have died by placing water, (and I have... once), you should learn how to swim.

3 years ago

That's why I only use the mods by Jaxprog

Maybe Jaxprog makes a mod to automatically create a save file of the game to revert to if you die by accident? It could even be configurable as to how often it creates said file...

New response