Water Turret

by Pi-C

This mod provides an early game Water thrower that does minimal damage but slows down the enemies (use steam for extra damage!) and an advanced turret for extinguishing fires (use "Hardened pipes" to give it extra resistances!).

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

g 'Combat Mechanics Overhaul' Compatibility

3 years ago

In my mod list, having CMO active will result in water/steam turrets just sitting there not firing, don't know if this has been brought up ?

2 years ago

I too would love a fix for this.

2 years ago

Did some testing, it would seem the turrets completly ignore biters. Any wall between the turret and the biter has no effect on it.

2 years ago

Ah, I was wondering. Well, have to choose one.

11 months ago

Did some research into this, the root cause seems to be that CMO sets up a trigger_target_mask on the unit prototypes, which causes them to not pull from the defaults set in utility constants by Water Turrets since they are not nil at the end of the data stage.

A simple hotfix would be to insert the Water Turret masks into each unit's trigger_target_mask if CMO is detected.

Ideally, any mod that initializes the trigger_target_mask should take into account the defaults set in utility constants for maximum compatibility, so this is partially on CMO as well.

New response