Water Turret

by Pi-C

This mod provides an early game Water thrower that does minimal damage but slows down the enemies (use steam for extra damage!) and an advanced turret for extinguishing fires (use "Hardened pipes" to give it extra resistances!).

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

b [Fixed] attempt to index field 'fire_dummies'

3 years ago

Got an error when the turret was hit by a spitter at range:

3181.837 Error MainLoop.cpp:1207: Exception at tick 1271979: The mod Water Turret (0.18.4) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.
Error while running event WaterTurret::on_tick (ID 0)
WaterTurret/control.lua:509: attempt to index field 'fire_dummies' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
WaterTurret/control.lua:509: in function 'target_enemy_or_fire'
WaterTurret/control.lua:591: in function <WaterTurret/control.lua:561>

I am using rampant, but not sure that's necessarily the problem. Thanks in advance

3 years ago

Thanks for the report! I wonder how spitters would interfere with the fire dummies -- they should ignore each other. Could you provide a save game?

3 years ago

how best to get it to you ?

3 years ago

Would it be too big for a PM on the forum?

3 years ago

Got an error when the turret was hit by a spitter at range:

Nothing to do with spitters.

I am using rampant, but not sure that's necessarily the problem. Thanks in advance

Nothing to do with rampant, either. NE Enemies was what triggered the crash -- flames created by fire bugs, to be more precise. But that was only the trigger. The real cause was that I tried to add something to a table that hadn't been created yet. Uploading in a while … :-)

3 years ago

Please try version 0.18.5!

3 years ago

I'll test it and let you know. Glad I was able to (sort of) help. It's a great mod, by the way!

3 years ago

Thanks! Hopefully, it will become even better for 1.0, when I can apply some optimizations. But let's see how this works out first. :-)

3 years ago

Sorry, forgot to respond. Yep, that fixed it ;)

3 years ago

Great, and thanks for confirming that!

New response