Water Turret

by Pi-C

This mod provides an early game Water thrower that does minimal damage but slows down the enemies (use steam for extra damage!) and an advanced turret for extinguishing fires (use "Hardened pipes" to give it extra resistances!).

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

b [Fixed?] Water turret does not appear to be putting out fires caused by explosive biters

3 years ago

i'm not sure if this is a bug with explosive biters or if it has to do with the turret constantly attacking enemies, if so its would be great to change the turrets priority from dousing biters to putting out fires
(btw i'm using rampant as well)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

just checked yep they just dont put out the fires

3 years ago

I wouldn't call this a bug, but a compatibility issue. Explosive biters create two new types of fire ("explosive-biter-flame", "explosive-spitter-flame"). There's nothing wrong with it, but the water turrets are set to look for normal fire, so they ignore these new kinds.

I guess I can fix it for the next release so that the turrets will target all fire prototypes.

3 years ago

Just checked: When looking for fires, I already search by type, not name -- so fires from explosive biters should be detected. I'll try to reproduce this. If you could provide a saved game, that certainly would help!

3 years ago

Turns out it was a bug, but it didn't have to do with Explosive Biters: I accidentally deactivated all calls of the targeting function, which also looks for fires …

3 years ago

Please try version 0.18.4! Sorry, I've got sidetracked and didn't get to work on this mod lately. I hope that it works now and that I didn't forget anything … :-)

New response