Water Turret

by Pi-C

This mod provides an early game Water thrower that does minimal damage but slows down the enemies (use steam for extra damage!) and an advanced turret for extinguishing fires (use "Hardened pipes" to give it extra resistances!).

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

b [Fixed] Nanobots Message Spam

3 years ago

When Nanobots from the mod (nanobots) place things, no matter what they are, error messages continually pop up referencing Water Turret.

3 years ago

Are that different errors, or always the same? What do they say?

3 years ago

I believe it is the same one every time regardless, this was from placing stone furnaces https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gXNBteXIpdfssFQeVhrioaxFxd0BZ8BS

3 years ago

OK, this should be fixed in 0.18.3!

If I may add a hint for future bug reports: Factorio has a log file (named "factorio-current.log" for your current game). If you have a crash, just scroll down to the end of it to get a text version of the error messages! The other day, I had a very slow Internet connection for some reason, so downloading this picture took several minutes. If it's just the error message that matters, pasting it as text makes things much easier for everybody. :-)

3 years ago

Worked perfectly, thank you very much! This is one of my favourite mods! Sorry about the screenshot I thought that would be the easiest thing to do. I always forget where the game files are despite tinkering with modding the game myself last time I played xD

3 years ago

Worked perfectly, thank you very much! This is one of my favourite mods!

Nice, so you're using it a lot? Would be nice if you could give comment on whether performance has improved then. During testing, I could only use a couple of turrets, so that's not exactly representative for a real game with dozens or even hundreds of them active.

Sorry about the screenshot I thought that would be the easiest thing to do. I always forget where the game files are despite tinkering with modding the game myself last time I played xD

No problem, I've got the info after all. It's just that taking a screenshot, uploading it to one place and linking there from here also takes up some time. And while bandwidth usually isn't that much of an issue anymore as it was some years ago, having to transfer an image with a weight of several MB seems a bit wasteful if the actual info you get from it is less than 1 KB …

Anyway, I always start Factorio from the command line during modding (makes it easier to change between the 0.17 and 0.18 versions), so the log usually is just one <ALT>+<TAB> away. Makes it hard to remember that finding it may be more difficult for others. :-)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I could give some feedback but I have yet to build up a base to anywhere near the point that I have noticed slowdown. I'm still just experimenting and learning with the mid-game. In my last game, I attempted to use water turrets over most of my defensive wall and used the canals mod to make a moat too. (I have a thing for water haha) Maybe I'll leave another comment if I can build a much bigger base this time in regards to performance. Might be more helpful to you.

New response