Water Turret

by Pi-C

This mod provides an early game Water thrower that does minimal damage but slows down the enemies (use steam for extra damage!) and an advanced turret for extinguishing fires (use "Hardened pipes" to give it extra resistances!).

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

i [Implemented] Acid resistant pipes

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'm using this mod in my current game, and needless to say: I like it! The water turrets are quite effective at keeping the biters away (together with the sniper turrets from Combat by Samuel, they almost feel overpowered). However, they have one weak point: the pipes!

I've lost many turrets at one outpost because some spitters managed to cut the pipe connection to some water turrets, so they ran out of steam (everything was so crammed, I had to place the water turrets closer to the wall than I wanted to). I haven't researched bots yet, and my base is quite spread out, so it's hard to keep checking for destroyed pipes.

How about adding some acid resistant pipes to your mod, similar to how this mod does it for walls? They should be locked behind some research and be quite expensive (perhaps 10 plastic bars, 2 steel plates and 1 normal pipe for 1 acid resistant pipes?) to prevent the water turret from becoming really overpowered. Even though the new pipes would be expensive, it wouldn't really matter: they are meant only for use on the front line, not to replace every single pipe on your base.

Could you add this, please? :-D

4 years ago

Nice Pi-C. I like the recipe for the Acid Resistant Pipes.. im working on it and making some other modifications too! Thanks!

4 years ago

Thank you for the effort, I'm looking forward to the next update!

Also, you should check your PMs on the forum again. I've sent you some code for the Maps mod, adding compatibility with Alien Biomes. :-)

4 years ago

Meanwhile, I've made this mod for hardened pipes. :-)

3 years ago

Since version 1.0, hardened pipes are officially supported by this mod. If they are used in the game, they will be a required ingredient for Fire extinguisher turrets and will give these turrets some resistances. Naturally, they can also be connected to the normal water turrets. Although water turrets won't get any bonus when hardened pipes are used, the pipes themselves will survive acid spit much longer, so your turrets won't run dry because a pipe was destroyed.

New response