Water As A Resource

Turns Water into a non infinite resource. Water bodies get removed and replaced by solid ground. Offshore Drains allow water & oil to be put back into these depleted areas. 0.8.0 - 1.1 Factorio Compatibility, Multiplayer Multiple Forces Update, Krastorio2 Support, Reworked MapMarkers

9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Compatibility Problem

2 years ago

Hi love the mod, but we are using "Team Coop" and this mod wont display the water areas to the custom teams can that be fixed please :) ?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hello EmuLegs,

Thanks for raising the issue. Looks like this is down to the surface that Team Coop uses, rather then a MapMarker issue.

My mod, currently has hard coded nauvis as the default surface for Map Marker creation, where as Team Coop uses a custom surface to generate the map. So I'll amend my code to pickup the surface that the Pumps are built on, and make the marker on that surface!

2 years ago

Thanks I would love to install this mod again, also also, there was a bug with any robot built pump not counting as a lake and giving it infa water

2 years ago

Any more details on that robot issue? Were they base game robots?

The code is identical, for what ever puts down the offshore pump, so it shouldn't matter at all. I'll have a play with my testing scenario, though some more details would be great.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

i was using the Construction Drones mod but it did have that problem with robots aswell, ill go take a look

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Construction_Drones

2 years ago

Construction Drones? So your not running the latest version of Factorio?

Wont be able to do much if your using a depreciated mod, I'm afraid, or if your running an older version of Factorio and an older version of my mod, the latest will have the fix in, but I don't back port to older versions.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)
2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi, me again, just started a new game with a new mod pack, I'm running Krastorio 2 & Industrial Revolution 2
the first copper pump i made didn't trigger your mod :p

sorry i know I'm a pain lol :D
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/IndustrialRevolution
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Krastorio2

2 years ago

Hey Emu,

Not a pain at all!

I've actually fixed that already in the next version of the mod, just looking into the construction drones issue, and then I'll release the updated version.

2 years ago

Hey,

So worked out the issue with the Updated Construction Drones.

It doesn't raise any events for the creation of entities, just builds them. Without an event triggering no mods will know that this mod has done anything. And without the event, I cant get the entity being placed and go from there.

So two options, you can ask the author, if they can add in raising of the event into the code so that other mods know what the drones are building. I may have to mark this mod as incompatible with mine, as it may not be possible for them to do this.

2 years ago

fantastic so I can use it with my new mod pack! Thankyou :D

2 years ago

when the update drops lol :p

New response