Warehousing Mod

Store all the things! Warehousing provides high capacity storage buildings, including logistic network versions.

Content
1 year, 7 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Storage

i Change research cost for Krastorio 2

1 year, 3 months ago

I'm not sure what the research cost is for the "Logistics Warehousing 1" normally, but in Krastorio 2 it only costs the green tier of research. However, the tech itself is gated behind robotics research, which costs blue tier. It's strange that you need blue to unlock prerequisites to the tech, but only need green to unlock the tech itself. Seems like it should be moved to the same level of research as its prerequisites.

Love the mod, btw!

dgw β˜†
1 year, 3 months ago

I haven't a clue what Krastorio2 is doing. It appears to do a lot of tech-tree manipulation during the data phase.

This mod doesn't do anything about K2, considering that K2 has its own warehouse/large-storage buildings: https://git.sr.ht/~raiguard/Krastorio2/tree/f2da9a0da1f1d06964234304d20dbdc6c1c606d7/item/prototypes/technologies/only-buildings-unlocking.lua#L825-942

Warehousing's logistic cost is defined here: https://github.com/Warehousing/Warehousing/blob/62de95c3e12979642e30d0a838f3eefd1baf0e7d/prototypes/technology.lua#L39-L75

1 year, 3 months ago

K2 does have its own warehouse side of things that I plan to use for certain things, however I very much enjoy the visuals of this mod which is why I included it into my playthrough.

Taking a peek at the github link for Warehousing Mod, it seems like this doesn't have anything to do with K2 though (and I vaguely remember this being the case when I first used Warehousing Mod in a non-K2 run). The ingredients for "Logistics Research 1" are 150x automation and logistics science packs, however one of the prerequisites to unlock it is "Robotics" which costs 75x automation, logistics, AND chemical science packs. I just think it's a little odd that the player has to use chemical science in order to research Robotics - which is needed to unlock Logistics Research 1, but then doesn't actually need chemical science itself to research it.

I wanted to suggest we add chemical science to the ingredient list for Logistics Research 1, unless there's some reason behind this I don't understand.

Cheers!

New response