Warehousing Mod

Store all the things! Warehousing provides high capacity storage buildings, including logistic network versions.

Content
1 year, 7 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Storage

i Stacksize

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hi,
would love to have a litle bigger stack size - would be logical also, i will show

x = inserter
o = chest

chest = 48 stacks so lets play ;)

xxxxxx
oooooo so its 6x 48 = 288 stacks in a row
xxxxxx
oooooo
xxxxxx
oooooo

in 3 rows we will have 864 stacks - so a nice cap and "bonus" would be 900 stacks ;)

also filtering would be great.

to balance the stacksize maybe change crafting from steelchest ?

thats my 2 cent to this great mod ;)

7 years ago

categorie changed

7 years ago

Basic warehouses do have a capacity of 800 stacks, but your example omits the concept of flow. By this I mean that you've created a "line" where products can move up & down between chests and inserters. A warehouse, however, can flow resources through it in any direction on the 2D plane due to it being a single unit of storage. It also offers a perfectly even distribution of products throughout the space for the same reason.

Then there's the cost of using all of those "intrinsic inserters."

18 inserters = 72 iron plates + 27 copper plates + 40.5 seconds
18 steel chests = 144 steel plates + 9 seconds

1 warehouse = 60 steel plates + 10 iron plates + 25 stone bricks + 10 wooden chests + 0.5 seconds
10 wooden chests = 40 wood + 5 seconds
40 wood = 20 raw wood + 10 seconds

Chests & Inserters: 243 ingredients + 49.5 seconds
Warehouse: 115 ingredients + 15.5 seconds

In conclusion, the warehouse will outshine all complex multi-chest setups because it is far easier to make and far more versatile given enough space. If space is truly limited (and it almost never is in Factorio), then the small size of chests may allow a complex setup to conform to the available space better than a warehouse.

Note that this comparison only takes the basic warehouse into account. The (logistics) storage warehouse blows it out of the water by supplying 2000 stacks in the same area, but is more expensive to make.

New response