Void Chest +

by Optera

Repurposed infinity chest instantly destroying anything placed inside as UPS friendly as possible. Can't be used to generate items.

Content
6 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Cheats

i [Implemented] Reduce Size to 2 Slots

6 months ago

Suggesting to reduce the Size to 2 slots for better performance, this is especially important for loaders who constantly scan the entire chest's slots

6 months ago

Good idea, but why not just one single slot?

6 months ago

Iam not 100% how fast the chest deletes stuff , but 2 slots as a precaution if say, u have stack inserters inputting a bunch of items at once filling 2 slots at once. Tho thats more of an edgecase. So ye , a single slot is prolly better still

6 months ago

Iam not 100% sure how fast the chest deletes stuff , but 2 slots as a precaution if say, u have stack inserters inputting a bunch of items at once filling 2 slots at once. Tho thats more of an edgecase. So ye , a single slot is prolly better still

6 months ago

My void chests just went from a normal size to 1 slot, and I'm guessing it's because of this thread? Would it be possible to get the original version back? This 1-slot thing SEEMS to be reducing how fast things are being voided when belt-fed (but that could be my imagination), but when hand-fed I can only add one stack at a time, making it a huge pain to get rid of trash from my inventory without a visit to my dedicated recycling/trash station.

6 months ago

I've tested it with 4 compressed express belts with loaders and direct insertion chest > stack inserter > void chest.
One slot is enough for full speed destruction. It doesn't even show being filled up at all.

If you trash from inventory that often use an older version or make a simple chest > inserter > void chest build.

New response