Hard Storage

Decreases storage capacity of many containers and adds some new options.

Content
7 years ago
0.13 - 0.14
Storage

i Opinions on settings.

7 years ago

I think restricting the trunk of the car and the tank is a bad idea. The idea with those two was to be able to have an outpost that has not been connected, drive over and load the trunk with ore, then drive back. Though I guess it could be abused for extra storage maybe? I dunno. Personally I think you shouldn't be able to insert into a cars inventory with inserters, but that's not so much an issue in vanilla.

Some opinions on default sizes:

I think the base storage size should maybe be 3, not 2.

So 3 for wood, 6 for iron, 12 for steel.

Having a size of 6 for logistics chests is important for requsters. If you only have 4 slots, then you have trouble servicing assemblers with them.

(6 or 8)*wood for crate.

The basic repository needs to be at least 6steel. Because you can fit 6 steel chests and 3 inserters directly in the same footprint. At least 9iron. Or if not either of those, then maybe a higher tier?

Anyway, just opinions.

7 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I made this mod as a request, so most values were set by the requester. However, I made it easily editable- if you would like a value changed, unzip the mod folder and edit the config.lua file with a basic text editor- no programming experience needed! If you'd like more changes, you'd need to dive into the recipes in the rest of the code, which does require a little programming knowledge, but is doable.

New response