VehicleSnap

by Zaflis

Smoothly snaps movement angle when driving cars or tanks.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Transportation

i Version that makes Car turn slower?

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Is there/can you make a mod that simply makes the buggy turn as slow as the tank turns? because for me, the car's stupid fast turning speed makes it so that a "tap" in X direction sends you flying into a tree or building. I just want "A" and "D" to not make the thing turn so far with just a tap. just make the Car slower. preferably with a mod option that let's me control how fast it turns.

update: nvm looked further on in the thread. vehicle physics mod actually makes it a tad bit harder because inertia is added, is there one without that? also, this mod works, ty.

1 year, 2 months ago

Naturally this isn't in scope of this mod, but for a new different mod such thing would be possible.

It might even be possible to make cars turn in place like tanks can, but that would be unrealistic because it's just not possible with 4 wheels.

About multiplayer compatibility i'm thinking that would be editing the car's data so that it would effect all players. It would have no player-specific settings but 1 global setting. There could be an option to make it turn in place like tank or not, default: not.

If it would be really important to have player-specific settings then it might be possible to add it to VehicleSnap, but it's a hacky solution where the mod would be monitoring when car turns and then turns it back say 25% or what the setting is. But there are a few issues in this solution i'd like to not go into, mainly about the whole monitoring being turned off if player sets snapping off. The monitoring script could still be used in a new different mod though.

Apart from that i'm already used to car's turning speed myself and wouldn't go changing it. You can always choose to drive slower by not constantly just holding acceleration down.

New response