VehicleSnap

by Zaflis

Smoothly snaps movement angle when driving cars or tanks.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Transportation

g snap gets disabled when changing map

4 years ago

when changing maps with different mods (tested with space exploration), the current active snap gets disabled.
The button still says its enabled - but its not working at all until i dis- and reenable it.

Could you check this, please?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

That's odd, nothing about the mod is specific to a surface or force but it's all globally effective. Can you tell more specific steps on how to reproduce?
But in theory if player index changes in transition to other surface then i suspect there is little i can do.

4 years ago

hey yeah, you are right!

its not the surface change, but the player context:
in SE, you have to press "N" for a popup to change to other worlds.

This also buts you in "surveillance mode", meaning with no playerbody, but able to move your screen.
Once this is activated (..and switched back to body-control, the snap is not working, but still "enabled".
dis-and reenabling it with shift+v fixes this.

perhaps there is a way you can check this situation?

4 years ago

Will need to figure out what lua events trigger after N is pressed for SE. I don't have a playthrough for that mod though nor any other that has more surfaces right now, but since it's easily worked around i'll still hopefully get around to it eventually.

There are some other "unexplained" situations where the button being highlighted also doesn't sync with actual snapping state. I don't know exactly when, maybe sometimes when starting a new game or after certain game patches. But i don't remember ever seeing the bug in regular use or even after a game load.

New response