VehicleSnap

by Zaflis

Smoothly snaps movement angle when driving cars or tanks.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Transportation

b No snapping after update to 0.18.21 on Roads from Transport Drones mod

4 years ago

Hi,

I just updated to 0.18.21 and among other mods I am using Transport Drones 0.5.12 from Klonan. It hads some modded tiles on which the snapping has worked flawlessly before. There were some changes announced in the FFF from yesterday in regard to tile collision etc. so this might have broken something? Let me know if you need my savegame.

And thanks on behalf of my lamps, power poles, walls and gates for not crashing into them anymore. :D

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The mod doesn't directly interact with tiles or collision maps. Do you mean Pavement Drive Assist mod? I used this mod last night with Aircraft with latest experimental of Factorio.

But that mod is new to me, might have to check. I guess it makes new invisible players?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

local get_drone_name = function()
return "transport-drone-"..random(variation_count)
end

local player_enter_drone = function(player, drone)
script_data.riding_players[player.index] = drone
drone.riding_player = player.index
drone:update_speed()
end
Hmm.. what to do? My first impression is that i should make an exception for Transport Drones and ignore those "players". Did you mean your own vehicle snapped before perfectly or that both your own and they did?

Edit: I'm guessing drone players don't have "character" set, so it could be used to detect vehicles with real players. If Klonan wants to implement snapping for those vehicles, he can alter the paths of them and he already has an idle loop for driving.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yeah i might need savefile, i can't reproduce bugs. My vehicle is still snapping while there are several drones moving.

And why these mods likely shouldn't/can't interact is because VehicleSnap goes through game.connected_players.

Update: I think what you are seeing is Factorio's new pathfinder:
https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-344
So topic should not be related to VehicleSnap in any way.

4 years ago

Oh, I thought the discussion would be around VehicleSnap on cars not working on the Transport Drone Road (vs brick or concrete). That's what I'm experiencing.

4 years ago

I talked to Klonan earlier, technically they're not vehicles. The way transport drones behave is all due how factorio pathing engine and that mod's functions. I don't think they're going to change it but you can ask in the other mod.

4 years ago

Sorry if I wasn't being clear. I'm not talking about the transport drones. I'm talking about me driving a car, on the Road tile from the TD mod.

4 years ago

Try toggling snapping off and on again?

4 years ago

Hey, sorry somehow I missed your reply here. For me it does not happen always when I drive on the Transport Drones Roads. But strangely enough it works after a while again. So not a big deal at all and as it is quite hard to reproduce probably not worth to invest too much time into it. Subjectively it happens more when I drive diagonally though

4 years ago

I should try turning it off then on again?! :-)

That totally worked. I wonder if I even had it on...

New response