No Infinite Fluids

by Vas

Fluids (oil, lith water, ground water) in main and bobs mods are no longer infinite.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Fluids

g older version compatibility

6 years ago

Hi Vas do you know if this can also work in version 0.14?
ive got v0.14.23.25374
and now that im using a few extra mods like Synthetic Oil, and Bio Crude, it would be interesting to see how the game progresses with oil pools that actually run out :)

6 years ago

btw i just also found this mod by steino already with 0.14 so can give that a go too) :
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/steinio/steinios_unlasting_oil

6 years ago

This should work with all versions of the game, unfortunately the game does not allow me to specifically specify "compatible with all". I don't think the devs included any way to specify what versions it will work with. I may set the version to 0.12 but then it'll be red for everyone on every update. Goes to show you just how this new versioning system the devs came up with sucks.

6 years ago

I'll upload a version for each version of the game.

6 years ago

Fixed it now.

6 years ago

oh many thanks for the quick update, vas.
i never knew that version 0.15 mods might still work with older versions of the game, as always thought that 0.15 rewrote lots of things in the game.

i think uploading a version to the mod site, for each specific compatible version is a cool way to go, and hopefully other modders who know that there mod might be compatible with different versions of the game, could also do that too (though some might have only just started modding, and only started with 0.15)

i will test out the mod and let you know how it goes :)

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Thanks vas it worked just fine :)
my main oil patch next to the refinery, ended up with just 1.2k oil inside it, and some other ones that were further away, had about 1.4k or 1.6k oil (since they were not always running)

now i can justify expansion to the next oil fields, and actually, i think in my next game, im going to play with a higher frequency of any types of patches (oil / ore etc) but lower quantity, and will need to manage other resources for exending the oil production (and useage) with some other mods like biocrude, which needs some proper oil, to make it diluted and more longer lasting :)

thanks again :)

This thread has been locked.