Utilization Monitor Blargh

Displays the utilization percentage of factories, miners, labs, furnaces, boilers, generators, and reactors.

8 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

i Ruins mod compatibility

2 years ago

I've been playing with the Ruins mod for a while now and in combination with the Scanning Radar uncovered an extreme amount of the map, compared to the area I'm actually "living" in.

This has resulted in the tracked entity list exploding to almost 4k at this point, and I'm wondering why the mod is tracking "enemy" entities.
At least as far as I understood the Ruins mod, are the 'ruins' not from your own 'faction' until claimed.

Another problem I have is that the button hide the numbers is not doing anything at all. When I press Ctrl + U nothing happens.
The other button, Ctrl + Shift + U I think, does work, but when I just want to get rid of the numbers for a screenshot for example, I find it a bit excessive to have to disable and re-enable the mod.
Just a minor thing, it's not like it's breaking anything or such, but it's weird to have a button for toggling the displaying of the numbers but then not have it working ._.

In regard to the screenshots would I also like to ask for an option to disable the numbers to show up outside of Alt mode, as I pretty much play in almost permanent Alt mode and only turn it off for screenshots. So it'd be nice to have the mod show the numbers in Alt mode only, as a setting.

2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry for the delay - I didn't see the notification a post had been made.

The ability to have the percentages show up only in alt mode has been added to 0.8.10.

I'm not able to reproduce your issue with Ctrl-U not working, at least in 0.8.10 and with my mod set. If you're still having the issue with 0.8.10, can you post a save game somewhere that I can take a look at?

Thanks!

2 years ago

I've also added an option in 0.8.10 to only track structures owned by the player force - let me know if this works or if something else is needed. Thanks!

2 years ago

Nice, seems to work so far too, I didn't get the warning about +4k entities when I loaded the save and it instead just showed "tracking 888 entities", which is probably about right with my stuff.

Something I did notice however is, that this didn't seem to save any processing, for which ever reason.

I was curious and checked the mod timing in the debug view and with 8.11 it's averaging at 1.7/1.3/6.5
So I loaded up the save again with 8.9 which I had before, and it was also averaging at the same timings.

So it might be only counting the actual player entities now, but it might still be measuring the total of all entities? No idea. Just FYI.

2 years ago

Good to know it's working for you!

The algorithm inside the mod limits the number of entities scanned per tick to the maximum that's configured (default is 1000), so I wouldn't expect much CPU usage drop going from 4k entities (which are processed 1000 per tick) to 888 entities (so processes all 888 per tick). You'll just get more accurate data (since it's checking all your buildings every tick, instead of roughly every 4th with the 4k entities).

Drop the "Entities per tick" setting if you're needing to reduce the CPU usage of the mod - that effectively controls how much CPU per tick it uses.

New response