Utilization Monitor Blargh

Displays the utilization percentage of factories, miners, labs, furnaces, boilers, generators, and reactors.

8 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

b Wrong mode

3 years ago

Everytime I started my saved game, this mod starts enabled. I disabled last time I saved a game and disable the checkbox "Enabled" is settings!

Thanks!

3 years ago

Hrm, I'm not able to reproduce this. I went into Mod Settings / Map / Utilization Monitor (Blargh) and changed the settings there. Saved map, then exited, re-loaded, settings have been maintained. Restarted Factorio, settings maintained.

How are you causing this to happen exactly?

3 years ago

I added this mod in a current game. Maybe is because of this the issue is happening...
If I open my saved game, disable this mod, save, quit and load it again without exiting Factorio, the game loads with this mod disabled. But if I do all this, but exit Factorio and start it again, when I load the game, this mod starts enabled!
In both cases I let the enabled settings unchecked!

Thanks.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

That worked to reproduce the issue - thanks. Tinkering with it now.

3 years ago

It seems to only happen if settings are changed and the game immediately saved (without resuming for a tick to let the mod process the changes). I'm guessing this is because the mod installs a handler to react to those settings, which can only happen when the game is unpaused. If the handler never gets run (because the game doesn't unpause), I'm thinking Factorio doesn't save the changes.

Tinkering with it though. Can you try the above? (Change a setting, unpause just a tick, then save/reload, etc.)?

3 years ago

In none of my tests that I done, I paused the game. Several times I played dozen of minutes before saving and exiting the game!

Thanks for the answer!

3 years ago

Many times that I load my saved game after starting factorio, the mod settings have changes, because some mod updated! (I hate to have to restart the game almost everytime I start it!). Maybe the bug could be related to this???

Thanks.

3 years ago

I've tinkered with this a couple times, and outside of the pausing scenario, haven't been able to reproduce thusfar. Can you put a savefile somewhere? Maybe it's something strange with another mod (I doubt it, but I'm not seeing it locally)...

3 years ago

I have dozens of other mods installed! How do I send my saved game? Compact all my personal folder with the mods and settings together?

Thanks

New response