Useful Combinators

Adds many useful combinators that do various things! some simplify combinator logic whilst others add new functionality!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Circuit network

i SR-Latch combinators

3 years ago

Can you please implement a set-reset latch?

A Set-Reset Latch is a circuit network item, that starts emitting a signal when a "set" event (logical condition) occurs, and stops emitting the signal only when a "reset" event occurs. Another definition is "a mechanism that toggles when an input crosses a threshold, and does not toggle back until crossing a separate threshold."
One of the obvious applications is using this contraption to turn on steam generator reserve when accumulators' energy level is 1% or less, and turn them off, when accumulators charge up to, say, 20% (this allows to avoid flickering). But it has much more uses than just that example.

It is common knowledge, that a Set-Reset Latch can be implemented with 3 combinators, as per the Cookbook. However, not every player is skilled enough to understand, how it works and is built (my personal case: coop with family). Also, not every player can understand English enough to read the Cookbook.

3 years ago

I'd also like that! Would save me some space as well.

New response