Useful Combinators

Adds many useful combinators that do various things! some simplify combinator logic whilst others add new functionality!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Circuit network

g Mulltiples Emitter ?

6 years ago

Can i have multiples Emitter, emitting to the same channel ? Does it (will) work ?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

No, it will cause interference

6 years ago

Ok, but what if we remove filter from the emitter ?
Like this =>
https://github.com/coltonj96/UsefulCombinators/pull/3

6 years ago

The filter is in place for balance reasons and you can have multiple emitters just not all on the same channel, If you want I can increase the filter size.

6 years ago

What is the difference between more filter and no filter ?
It's weird to have a combinator doing two things
Filtering should occur ahead.
And emitter and receiver shouldn't do anything else than broadcast and receive.

By removing filter from the emitter entity we can have as many emitter as we want on the same channel with any kind of items.

By "balance" do you mean performance ? FPS/CPU/etc ?

6 years ago

without a filter it would accept all and every item, I could make it to where if a filter is not specified it will still accept all but has the optional filters. by balance I mean that it could potentially be over powered

6 years ago

I've already fork the mod on github to remove the filter and allow multiple emitter on the same chanel.
It was easier to allow multiple emitter on the same chanel, if I remove filter too. But I think filter can be maintained with a little more work. Do you think I would be overpowered this way ?

I currently use this feature to know how many of my train depots are empty/full and have all iron depots on the same iron chanel make it very convenient to use

New response