Updated Construction Drones

by Tubbles

Adds ground based construction robots. A repackage of roy192's fork of the original mod by Klonan

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
Logistic network

b [FIXED] Upgrade to 1.0.5 on ongoing save causes failure on load

1 year, 10 months ago

Hey there,

Thanks for keeping this mod going, love these little guys myself, and I prefer them over any of the other alternatives for early game!

I've got an ongoing game with Krastorio2 and several other mods, and I got a loading issue after upgrading from 1.0.4 -> 1.0.5... rollbacking to 1.0.4 solved the issue for me, but I wanted to report in case it's something that needs to be taken a look at.

The error given by the game taken from the factorio-current.log is this one (only a single line appears to be logged):

113.541 Error AtlasSystem.cpp:1543: File not found: Updated_Construction_Drones/data/tf_util/empty-sprite.png; mods: Krastorio2 aai-industry FluidMustFlow Transport_Drones Updated_Construction_Drones

Not sure is that's something that conflicts in some way with the mods listed? When loading after the game loads all mods, it fails to continue presenting the usual window when an issue crops up and the only way to proceed would be to disable the mod and reload.

If you need the whole log, I'll keep a backup copy in a safe place, so I can post it... but other than that line, it hasn't anything else related to the error.

1 year, 10 months ago

Hi, thank you for the report! Does this failure make it so you cannot load the map, or does the map load and you can play just fine? The solution is simple, I'll just readd the file mentioned into the mod, but need to know if it is really needed

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

I am unable to reproduce this issue with only the Updated Copnstruction Drones mod loaded, so it could be related to a combination of mods or some specific gamestate. Could you please send me your 1.0.4 save file so I could try to reproduce this?

1 year, 10 months ago

Hey @Tubbles, sorry for the late reply, just started my day!

I didn't try forcing load the save since when the error pops up, the game offers to disable a mod and the list of mods offered are all of them are currently in use in the base so removing them would lead to broken builds :/

EDIT: This is the error popup the game shows me -> https://imgur.com/6QzVLzg

The only real solution would have been to disable this mod and then try loading without it, and perhaps reenabling afterwards would work? I could probably try that and let you know! I'd lose the drones I'm holding in my inv, but no issues there as I can get them back after updating...

In my mind it seems reasonable that you can't reproduce it, as my suspicion is that it is a mod interaction and not an issue with your mod, that's why I hesitated in reporting it as a bug at first :/

I'd guess it's probably the fact that some other mod is holding to that file reference in some way and removing it causes the game to complain about the missing asset?

1 year, 10 months ago

I've uploaded my last save prior to updating the mod to my google drive (see [1] below) in case you'd want to try syncing and checking it for yourself, I'd recommend first loading it with v1.0.4 in pre-placed in mods, verify that it loads, and then update to v1.0.5 and see if the same happens for you than for me.

I've now tried removing the mod first previous to updating it, just to see if that would lead to a successful update, but no :(

Here's what I did, step by step:

• removing Updated Construction Drones zip from mods
  • after that the game starts fine and I can load my prev save without the mod (losing drones in the process, np) with the usual warning of missing content
  • then save it under a new name and close the game.

• I re-add now the new version to my current mod list,

• and even after all that the issue still happens, when the game starts the same error popup shows.

I wonder if I'd need to reset settings on one/all of the mods listed in the error popup :/
In any case, I'll rollback ti 1.0.4 again on my side because the only other course seems to be just removing it and I don't wanna do that :`(

Best regards!

[1] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kdiHhgkVTBMSeC6g8_ULvq9UIinna1PQ

1 year, 10 months ago

I am getting the same issue, Seems to be a conflict with AAI-Industry, Error message pops up when loading the game when both mods are loaded, Started happening with the most recent update.

1 year, 10 months ago

Hello again @Leeux, I was thinking to re-add the sprite as a hotfix, there has been more bug reports over at github which I think is related: https://github.com/Tubbles/Construction_Drones/issues/8

However your link to the savefile does not seem to work, can you double check that it is correct? Might be something on my end.

1 year, 10 months ago

Hotfix released in 1.0.6, could you guys go ahead and update and double check that the issue is fixed for now?

1 year, 10 months ago

Hey Tubbles! Sorry, my bad... I seem to have truncated the link when I pasted it by mistake, here should be the full URL:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kdiHhgkVTBMSeC6g8_ULvq9UIinna1PQ/view?usp=sharing

I double and triple checked the sharing setup and it's correctly defined as anyone with the link, so if the truncation wasn't the issue I don't know what else... what other file sharing service could I use to pass the save to you?

1 year, 10 months ago

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kdiHhgkVTBMSeC6g8_ULvq9UIinna1PQ/view?usp=sharing

I was able to start up this save file without any issues with the latest release 1.0.6. Other than it being a huge save file and taking several minutes to load and crawling at less than 1 fps ;D

1 year, 10 months ago

Nice! Thank you for the fix, Tubbles!

Sorry for the size of the file lol I like to play megabases, even if it's just the size and not the performance in spm :D

New response