Ultra Violence

Originally developed by ownlyme, updated it to 1.1 by GeneralEcchi with new splatter and splash effect from the Source Engine. Special thanks to Honktown and other members in the Factorio discord server for helping with the programming.

Tweaks
2 years ago

b Error 103 - Bad zip file

2 years ago

So I am running in a relatively mod heavy angels/bobs game environment but the game does not even seem to get far enough into the boot process for this to be a conflict between mods. It seems like it is just flat out refusing to read/open the settings.lua at all. At least that is the first file that it is pointing to, it will probably say the same thing for all the other ones were the settings file renamed or removed.

I am able to open the zip perfectly with 7zip and view the contents of the lua files and they are fine. I tried redownloading the mod from the web based mod portal a second time to ensure that it wasn't just something weird with the download getting corrupted, no luck. I am going to try to download and activate it from inside the game and failing that just run it unzipped to see if it works that way.

Also, side note, the weapons here look really amazing. You should promote that a bit more in the thumbnail description in my opinion as I didn't even realize they were a part of the mod. I have yet to see a weapons mod that has both this level of polish while also having such large number of interesting, unique feeling weapons. I didn't even know something like the swarm blaster was possible to code.

2 years ago

So I did some more messing about with it. When I have the files unzipped it appears to try to read the mod contents but now it is giving an error with the animation layer frame counts in "small-biter-corpse". This is both with other mods enabled as well as running in an isolated environment with just UltraViolence mod activated.

2 years ago

yup...
just got the same error....
Too bad though, but since the mod author apparently also no longer responds I'll probably just throw the mod out again...

2 years ago

Too bad..the weapons look neat as well.

Not sure why we don't have an arc welder \ thermal lance else where :D

New response