Ultimate Belts

by Tyarns

This mod adds an additional five tiers of belts to the game, beyond what is currently available from other mods. The fastest belt in this mod is equivalent to 6 express belts.

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

i inserters to match

5 years ago

This mod is so useful, but, despite the fact that its compatible with the miniloaders, it would be nice if you make the same number of tiers of inserters to match your belts, because sometimes inserters are better than loaders, for example when you want to move items between chest, you need two loaders to do so, but only one inserter, so you save space and material. The thing is, the base game inserters are way too slow for your belts, and they end up getting filled, and stuck the whole factory (I've seen it)

5 years ago

Hi triktor, while I understand the usefulness of inserters that would match the speed of my belts, I'm afraid it's actually not possible :( The factorio engine doesn't support pulling more than one item from a belt per tick. So that means the fastest inserter possible will only operate at 60 items per second, which is slower than all the belts I've added. This is a limitation of factorio, and not something I can change. You'll have to ask the factorio devs for support if you want faster inserters! Sorry I can't help you!

5 years ago

Oh, OK, I thought it was possible due to the Dp77 logistic mod, that adds inserters to match its belts, and the highest tiers are faster than 60 items/s (I don't have that mod because of the dependencies), but OK, I'll use loaders

5 years ago

I'll take a look at that mod and see how he does it, but I don't think its possible using the base game inserter and just making the speed really high. Maybe that's changed though..... I haven't done any research on the issue in a while!

5 years ago

Maybe you could try something like this, inserters with no animation (I don't make mods so I don't know, but maybe that's the problem)

5 years ago

For now, that's the mod I have for inserters, but those consume a lot of power, it would be more useful some inserters not as fast as those, but also not as expensive (in power terms)

5 years ago

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/UltraFastMagnecticInserterExtra

sorry, I thought I added the link, this is the mod I meant

5 years ago

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Dp77s-FactorioPlus-Hyper-Logistic

still, this is the mod I told you had inserters to match

New response