True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
4 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b 1Mt Realistic Fusion Crash

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

When attempting to blow up my base with a 1Mt artillery shell with the mods Diggs, True Nukes, and Realistic Fusion Weaponry, I get the following error:

The mod RFP Addon: Weaponry (1.5.8) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event
RealisticFusionWeaponry::on_script_trigger_effect (ID 152)
Error when running interface function True-Nukes
Scripts.atomicWeaponHit: The mod Diggs (1.0.5) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event Diggs::on_entity_died (ID 4)
LuaEntityAPI call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__Digs
/control.lua:132 in function <Digs/control.lua:128>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'die'
True-Nukes/control.lua:1497: in function
'optimisedChunkLoadHandler'
True-Nukes/control.lua:1876: in function
<True-Nukes/control.lua:1842>
stack traceback
[C]: in function 'call'
_RealisticFusionWeaponly__control.lua:19: in function
<RealisticFusionWeaponry__/control.lua:2>

Edit: After disabling diggs, better air filtering, and equipment gantry, no errors appear. My apologies.

1 year, 11 months ago

OK, thanks for the bug report, and no need to apologise!
I might be a few days before I can give this much attention as I'm pretty busy IRL currently.

1 year, 11 months ago

Hi, I'm not entirely sure what state this bug report is in, or what mods are required to replicate the bug - I tried with Diggs, but there was no crash. Please could you clarify?

1 year, 11 months ago

Sure. I had True Nukes, Realistic Fusion Weaponry, Diggs, better air filtering, equipment gantry, plus 100 other mods enabled. I made a 1Mt artillery shell from Realistic Fusion Weaponry, loaded it in an artillery, aimed it at the center of my base, and fired. Apparently, when the 1Mt shell detonated, some mods were not coded to handle a 'die' event at such a large scale and caused a critical error.
Does it have similar behavior with Realistic Fusion Weaponry and Diggs, etc. without True Nukes? I am not sure since I did not test that. I can if you'd like.

1 year, 11 months ago

True Nukes does quite a lot of stuff itself, and other mods don't really do that, so it is most likely a problem due to true nukes.
I think I know what the problem is though, and its a bug in Diggs, where too many entities were destroyed at once.

1 year, 11 months ago

I tried to fix it on my end, but I think its a problem with either the other mod, as it seems to not always check that all the entities it has are valid.
Do you have crashes with any other mods?

1 year, 11 months ago

Right now, just Realistic Fusion and True Nukes with Diggs, Equipment Gantry, and Better Air Filtering. I removed the last 3 listed one by one since they produced similar error messages but with "Equipment Gantry", etc. instead of "Diggs". After that, the error stopped appearing.

1 year, 11 months ago

OK, that figures I think.
It might be a problem in True Nukes, but I can't work out anything I'm doing wrong...

1 year, 11 months ago

I attempted to test the 1Mt explosion without True Nukes, and it seems to delete the Realistic Fusion 1Mt shell. I'll look into it further later today.
I also just realized that you're the same dev for Diggs.

1 year, 11 months ago

Removing True Nukes effectively extremely nerfs the 1Mt artillery shell into the rough equivalent of the 20t. This of course causes a tiny explosion in comparison and cannot destroy an entire megabase by itself. With such an extreme nerf, the shell goes off with little lag and no errors appear.
After testing, what I think happened is combined with realistic fusion or just with detonation buildings, you added in destructive power so big, devs couldn't have accounted for it or thought it would affect their code anyways. In summary, I guess we can blame the errors on the "measly" 1Mt explosion for being possible.

1 year, 11 months ago

I'm not the same dev for Diggs, I just replied there, and gave info on how to fix the problem.
yeah, RFW uses True nukes to do its detonations, the bug is in the base True-Nukes (or True Nukes causes it on other mods). I can't see what I'm doing wrong if the problem is in TN.
The bug seems to be on the other mods, and I'll try reporting it to them as well, as it is quite an easy fix.

1 year, 11 months ago

I'll keep looking into it though.

1 year, 10 months ago

Sorry about not making any progress on this, I've got exams, so I'm pretty distracted. The problem in Diggs seems like it'd be the same as for the other mods, although I really can't work out why the issue exists.
I'm still not convinced it's not a problem in True-Nukes, but the other mods should have simple enough fixes on their end.

1 year, 9 months ago

I have checked again, and in the latest version of Factorio, with the latest version of true nukes, Diggs and better air filtering (I think equipment gantry is genuinely broken) seem to work without a problem, I guess they fixed something in this regard (or it varies computer to computer). Could you check if you still have the same problem?
I also put in a bug report with Equipment Gantry about the issue.

1 year, 9 months ago

Tested in Factorio 1.61 with a new map and updated mods. With Diggs, the following error appears (very similar to previously reported error):

Error while running event RealisticFusionWeaponry::on_script_trigger_effect (ID 153)
Error when running interface function True-Nukes Scripts.atomicWeaponHit: The mod Diggs (1.0.5) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event Diggs::on_entity_died (ID 4)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
__Diggs
/control.lua:132: in function <Diggs/control.lua:128>
stack traceback:
True-Nukes/control.lua:1497: in function 'optimisedChunkLoadHandler'
True-Nukes/control.lua:1878: in function <True-Nukes/control.lua:1844>
stack traceback:
RealisticFusionWeaponry/control.lua:19: in function <RealisticFusionWeaponry/control.lua:2>

With Diggs disabled, the following error appears:

Error while running event RealisticFusionWeaponry::on_script_trigger_effect (ID 153)
Error when running interface function True-Nukes Scripts.atomicWeaponHit: The mod Better Air Filtering (0.3.6) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event better-air-filtering::on_entity_died (ID 4)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
__better-air-filtering
/control.lua:435: in function 'removeFilter'
better-air-filtering/control.lua:487: in function 'onEntityRemoved'
better-air-filtering/control.lua:550: in function <better-air-filtering/control.lua:523>
stack traceback:
True-Nukes/control.lua:1501: in function 'optimisedChunkLoadHandler'
True-Nukes/control.lua:1878: in function <True-Nukes/control.lua:1844>
stack traceback:
RealisticFusionWeaponry/control.lua:19: in function <RealisticFusionWeaponry/control.lua:2>

Did not test with equipment gantry. Both errors appear with both the bare minimum realistic fusion power, rfp fusion weaponry, true nukes, diggs, and better air filtering and with ~100 other mods added. Errors also appear in old 1.59 map still. Will test with another machine soon.

1 year, 9 months ago

OK, so from what I can tell this issue only happens when the game lags, as it failed consistently on my laptop, but my PC has no problem. I'll report it as a bug to better air filtering as well.

1 year, 9 months ago
1 year, 8 months ago

Oh, sorry, I forgot to update you, but I reported the bug in Equipment Gantry as well, and that one's been fixed in the latest update:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/equipment-gantry/changelog

New response