True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
4 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g [Resolved - fixed in SWS] cannon range

2 years ago

Did the cannon shell range change ? update is much shorter range than previous. using the 2t cannon shells

2 years ago

I didn't make any deliberate changes... I did a brief test, and couldn't tell the difference (it could shoot to the edge of the screen, for my tiny laptop screen).
What difference are you seeing, and what version are you comparing it to?

2 years ago

I believe I had 0.1.17 previously, is there a way to check after you installed an update ?
The cannon shell range has dropped to about same range as nuclear machine gun bullets, it was previously double that if not more.
If fired from the vanilla tank the shell range is about 30 wall tiles distance and melted the tank after being fired.
If fired from spidertron, with weapon switcher mod, the range is about 50 wall tiles now. I never measured it before but it was much more.
Just checked with plain cannon shell, explosive cannon shell and uranium cannon shell and they are all the same range approx. 50 wall tiles.
Thanks for any help. BTW the range is same with 2t or 4t shells.

2 years ago

Hello, Spidertron Weapon Switcher developer here - sorry about this. It is a result of a change that I made in SWS-1.2.4. Basically for each ammo prototype you have to choose whether the maximum range is determined by the ammo itself or the cannon that fires it. In vanilla tanks and pre-SWS-1.2.4 spidertrons it was determined by the ammo, but this had no actual effect in vanilla because all cannon shells had the same range. (In fact, there was a weird thing where the tank cannon said that its range was 25 but fired all the cannon shells 30 tiles anyway because of the above description. This was fixed in 1.1.42).

In SWS-1.2.4 I changed all cannon shells to get their maximum range from the cannon that fired them. This was because I was introducing cannons with variable ranges in different models of spidertrons, and without this change the different ranges would have no effect.

The only way I can see to combine these two systems is to make an exception for all True-Nukes items in SWS and allow them to ignore the cannons' range again.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

OK, thanks for clearing that up.
There's not much I can do for that (unless there is, I don't mind adding a fix on my end I just don't know what it would be), so I'm going to close this bug.
Thanks anyway for reporting it.

2 years ago

I’ve fixed this in SWS now.

2 years ago

Awesome - thanks!!

New response