True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
4 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g [Implemented] Is it compatible with Krastorio 2?

3 years ago

In terms of balance

3 years ago

I honestly don't know.
I haven't used Krastorio 2 much, and haven't made any balance adjustments for it (I don't even know if the mods will load at the same time). This means that it probably won't be very balanced, although it depends what steps Krastorio takes to be compatible with other mods.
There won't be any blast waves on any weapons Krastorio adds, meaning that they might not be very powerful compared to nukes.

I am however open to suggestions - so if you want to, then try to work something out which will help True-Nukes fit in.
It doesn't have to be great, anything is usually better than nothing.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Just as a note this mod doesn't take into account the changes K2 makes to combat with More realistic weapons setting. It does load at least. Also K2 has it's own radioactivity.

2 years ago

I've had a brief look at K2, and its quite big. It would take quite a lot to add support (relative to most other mods), so it might be a while before I add support.
I've had a brief look, and was figuring the support would look like this:
- All atomic rockets converted to big rockets (and add rocket turret rockets for the small ones)
- All cannon shells converted to railgun shells
- All machine gun rounds converted to anti-material rounds, and use bullets rather than teleporting the weapons like the basegame does
- Add explosion effects to antimatter weapons (not sure how to do this nicely, as they'd just be the same... just running some numbers on the antimatter, one antimatter has ~70t of tnt yield, which isn't so bad, so maybe just add more efficient recipes, and more variety for antimatter, or something)
- Remove K2's nuclear artillery shell (just for consistency)
- Make thermobarics use advanced fuel
- Use K2 tritium for fusion weapons
I wouldn't be able to match up with K2's graphics though.
So a couple of questions regarding all of this:
Does the above sound reasonable?
Are there any reasonable recipe changes? (e.g. to balance the difficulty of production, or make more sense in terms of ingredients).

2 years ago

For the atomic ammo you would need to do two versions one for the rifle rounds and one for the anti-material rounds. This is what realistic fusion weaponry mod does. Similar idea with the cannon shells this mod adds.

As a note many people use K2 with SE which changes somethings and makes it harder to get imersite so that has to be taken into account. Not to mention SE's own compactivity changes like no water on some planets.

2 years ago

OK, I'll have a look at it... it might be a week or two before I get it done, and the sprites won't match K2's style (they might, but probably not, I'll see how I go).

2 years ago

OK, I'll have a look at it... it might be a week or two before I get it done, and the sprites won't match K2's style (they might, but probably not, I'll see how I go).

You can just copy the K2 graphics then change the color to match.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

You can just copy the K2 graphics then change the color to match.

Kind of, but if you look at how many nukes I add, I will run out of options on that... particularly artillery shells. I have 5 nuclear artillery shells, 1 colour, and no graphic design skills - I will run out pretty quickly. Particularly when the graphics are more complex, as in K2's case, as then I don't have s many options for colouring (in base I can change different bits of different shells in different ways, in K2, I have limited choice), this is all made worse by the fact that the icons need to be really distinct - you don't want to mistake a 15kt for a 1kt and fire it near your base.

Besides this, I can't actually do so from a licensing point of view, as K2 is GPL3'd, and True Nukes is under MIT... I can't include their graphics that easily. I might ask, but the best I can do is to have another mod (like True-Nukes-K2-graphics), which introduces some icons which match, and is itself under GPL3.

2 years ago

Any updates on compat with SE+K2?

2 years ago

Not yet, I've been doing some other major updates, and I'm a little busy at the moment (real life stuff etc.), but I'll have a look into it, as I'm pretty happy with the state of most other stuff...
Still might be a while - I'm don't play with those mods generally, so its not high on my priority list, but I'll try and make some progress, no promises about timing though.

1 year, 7 months ago

Now it is!

New response