by Klonan

Adds transport drones and transport depots

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

b Crash on save game load after updating to 0.18.37

3 years ago

This does not occur on a new game, but when loading an existing save with transport drones in use factorio crashes back to the main menu.

276.176 Error AppManagerStates.cpp:1448: The mod Transport Drones (0.7.9) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Transport_Drones::on_configuration_changed
Transport_Drones/script/road_network.lua:528: bad argument #2 of 2 to 'table_size' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'table_size'
Transport_Drones/script/road_network.lua:528: in function 'get_tiles'
Transport_Drones/script/road_network.lua:555: in function 'reset'
Transport_Drones/script/road_network.lua:630: in function 'on_configuration_changed'
core/lualib/event_handler.lua:87: in function <core/lualib/event_handler.lua:84>

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I am getting this error as well. Save file.

Edit: accidentally overwrote the save file, so it no longer has TD as part of the save. However, re-adding TD to it will still cause the crash.

3 years ago

Getting this as well.

3 years ago

me too

3 years ago

also

3 years ago

same here

3 years ago

Same same

3 years ago

Game crashes for me too
Error here: https://imgur.com/Ps4243p

3 years ago

same here

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hmm, me too.

I'm able to start a new game just fine, and I can load this newly started save that I just created. Loading my prior save before the recent game update however does not work.

Edit: Never mind, that newer save I just started about an hour or two ago stopped working. I guess once you get far enough into the save it just doesn't work with the mod anymore.

3 years ago

one more for the pile!
The mod Transport Drones (0.7.9) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Transport_Drones::on_configuration_changed
Transport_Drones/script/road_network.lua:528: bad argument #2 of 2 to 'table_size' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'table_size'
Transport_Drones/script/road_network.lua:528: in function 'get_tiles'
Transport_Drones/script/road_network.lua:555: in function 'reset'
Transport_Drones/script/road_network.lua:630: in function 'on_configuration_changed'
core/lualib/event_handler.lua:87: in function <core/lualib/event_handler.lua:84>

3 years ago

Reverting to 0.18.36 works fine..

3 years ago

when will you fix it?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Did a little debugging. There's a new tile added in 0.18.37 called tile-unknown - likely used by the new blueprinting system to handle modded tiles in blueprints that do not currently exists (due to mod removal). This tile does not have a collision mask, yet all other tiles do. Transport Drones expects it to have one, and is crashing when trying to get the table size of the non-existant table.

This fix works on my end:

Unzip the mod into \mods\Transport_Drones_0.7.9\
in .\script\road_network.lua in the get_tiles function on line 523, add "if tile_mask ~= nil then" after "local tile_mask = tile.collision_mask" then add "end" before "return tiles".

This handles all tiles without collision masks (currently only the new one) and safely allows save game load.

Here's a pastebin snipped of the whole fixed function: https://pastebin.com/rCBCEpzH

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Did a little debugging. There's a new tile added in 0.18.37 called tile-unknown - likely used by the new blueprinting system to handle modded tiles in blueprints that do not currently exists (due to mod removal). This tile does not have a collision mask, yet all other tiles do. Transport Drones expects it to have one, and is crashing when trying to get the table size of the non-existant table.

in .\script\road_network.lua in the get_tiles function on line 523, add "if tile_mask ~= nil then" after "local tile_mask = tile.collision_mask" then add "end" before "return tiles".

This handles all tiles without collision masks (currently only the new one) and safely allows save game load.

Here's a pastebin snipped of the whole fixed function: https://pastebin.com/rCBCEpzH

Work for me, thanks a lot !

3 years ago

Had the same issue and I to was able to make that fix and it seems to be working so far. Haven't checked that section of base yet, but I was able to at least open the file now.

3 years ago

Worked for me, thanks!!

3 years ago

should be fixed

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

New error, looks like syntax, running 0.18.38

15.763 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Transport_Drones/data-final-fixes.lua:14: ...ones__/data/entities/transport_drone/transport_drone.lua:773: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 659) near 'emissions_per_second'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'require'
Transport_Drones/data-final-fixes.lua:14: in main chunk

Mods to be disabled:
• Transport_Drones (0.7.10)

3 years ago

Found the problem, you forgot the comma at the end of line 772. Cheers

3 years ago

Found the problem, you forgot the comma at the end of line 772. Cheers

I can't see anywhere in transport_drone.lua anywhere near line 772 where there should be a comma. Can you show me the fix?

3 years ago

That was the best changelog, btw. XD Nice work @klonan

3 years ago

Just go to the end of the line 772 and add a comma

New response