by Klonan

Adds transport drones and transport depots

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

g How are the three combinators used?

3 years ago

How are the three transport combinators used? Thanks.

3 years ago

Depot reader reads the content from the request, buffer, fuel, fluid, mining depot, quite simple.

Depot writer has an enable condition:
- Enabling a request depot will enable going to pick up.
- Enabling a storage depot will allow items to be taken from it
- Setting the writer with the requested item and a = condition and a count, will set the depot ot only request that number of items

Road network reader, you choose the signal to read, and it will update with the number in the attached road network.

3 years ago

Depot writer has an enable condition:
- Setting the writer with the requested item and a = condition and a count, will set the depot ot only request that number of items

For others that stop by, I connected it, clicked on the logistic icon in the upper-right, enabled it (even though no logistic network in range), then set it "item=value".

Road network reader, you choose the signal to read, and it will update with the number in the attached road network.

I could not get this to work. I placed it on the single road network I have and powered it (just in case). The road network reader was wired to a pole, and I set the reader to the ammo type (defaulted to 1). I have about 800 ammo in a provider. I had a requester requesting 200 (using a depot writer). The reader never output data--not pre-delivery, during delivery, nor post-delivery.

3 years ago

Did you only look at the GUI?

The GUI doesn't update when the combinator is changed by script

3 years ago

I had my mouse pointer hovering over the pole so I could read the signals on the wire. But I just went to take a video of me reproducing it and it worked. I'll chalk it up to PEBKAC. Perhaps I had clicked on pistol ammo instead of rifle ammo.

Cheers.

3 years ago

THANKS @Klonan for the combinators, and @Squish for the info !

Depot writer has an enable condition: Setting the writer with the requested item and a = condition and a count, will set the depot ot only request that number of items
For others that stop by, I connected it, clicked on the logistic icon in the upper-right, enabled it (even though no logistic network in range), then set it "item=value".

i did almost the same, but used a local network (connected a wire) and almost got desparate when i couldn't get it to work ... to me it would seem to be a more logical way of setting values by giving (constant) values by wire, and not (apparently) reading a (non-existant) value from logical network. setting values by wire would also allow us to dynamically change that limit depending on readings and calculations from other sensors or chests ...

with this functionality, we also don't need other methods any longer to limit the requested amount after researching the stac bonus. no more need for a "overwrite stack bonus" switch in the gui or something similar. this should work even better. HUGE THANK YOU !!!

this worked perfectly for me. i even have set up some kind of "main display" to have all the info at a central location from where i can check whether any resource or product is running low :-) maybe this will be a real UPS-killer in a megabase, but in smaller bases it is real nice. and having one in the pocket (inventory) at all times is very useful when you are wondering why a requester never gets fed some items: just put the network reader down and see whether that kind of items is produced at all anywhere in the network :-)

3 years ago

setting values by wire would also allow us to dynamically change that limit depending on readings and calculations from other sensors or chests ...

You can do this, it will read the value of whatever the signal is.

3 years ago

really nice addition to have some ingame help/wiki now !!!
(maybe that mod should get an option whether we want to automatically pause the game while reading this info, similar to how the factory planner also pauses the game while setting up the calculations; but that has to be directed to that other mod and not to this mod)

and that description also gave the solution: we have to connect a wire to some source of signals (some combinator, chest, whatever), setup a "fake condition" in the sensor <target item> "=" <any signal>, and then set that <any signal> on the wire to the desired value.

before you added that wiki, i had tried to set the value directly <target item> = <desired value> (using a number, not another signal), which of course didn't work.

3 years ago

if I use 3 loaders to fill a supply depot with 3 different items, is there a way to limit the amount of each item that is loaded into the supply depot??

3 years ago

MotorBear, you should be able to do that with vanilla circuits. If your loader can be circuit enabled attach wire to it (if not, just attach wire to belt before loader) and then attach that wire to supply depot and you can set condition on that loader (or belt) to enable if qty < X of whatever you want to store there.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I found that my road network reader can't output correct number.
When I have multiple supply depots with same resource, it should output the sum of all the supply depots, right?
Somehow it only output a full one 20k, others just not being counted.

--edit--

It seems that reader update the number after request depot send a truck, instead of actually picking up resources.
So the number looks weird when the truck is on the way but still not picking up anything.

New response