Transport Drones

by Klonan

Adds transport drones and transport depots

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

i Different road types (Highways with travel speed bonus etc)

4 years ago

Currently playing around with using road width in my current semi-rail world game (only using roads so far) to visually signify different road types (wide roads for highways across the map similar to a train mainline, medium roads around the factories, thin roads as "dirt tracks" off of bigger roads to mines etc

Just wondering if there is any scope for roads with travel speed bonuses to enhance this aspect and also help funnel traffic along routes / help prioritise one depot or another. Make the faster paths more expensive and the slower paths cheaper?

Does existing pathing / routing algorithm take into account surface travel speed bonus in path weighting, if so maybe its just adding the path types ? If not guess its going to be a bigger addition, also guess it would have to handle path type transitions?

In any case great mod, really enjoying what feels like a really fresh way to play the game!

3 years ago

I would like to add to this. I'm playing Krastorio 2, and it has a few new tile types, black reinforced plate and light reinforced plate. It would be very nice if, much like the config option which allows specifying the fuel type, if one could specify a name for a tile that makes up the road network.

I've switched my drones to using biomethanol from Krastorio instead of petroleum gas, and that works wonderfully. If there were an option right next to that one with a default of "road" where one could change it to a different tile, that'd be awesome. It kinda stinks having 175% speed tiles all over the factory interspersed with much slower 'road' tiles. If I could specify which tile makes up the road network, I could instead specify 'black-reinforced-plate' for use with Krastorio, using the light tiles, reinforced concrete or whatever other than black reinforced plate, for the rest of the factory floor.

Regardless of whether or not a different tile type would affect drone speed, it'd at least be nice to be able to use a different tile so one isn't limited to making a road network out of slow tiles.

3 years ago

Blank Asphalt would probably be the most-used option for this.

New response