Transport Drones on Asphalt

by drdozer

Minimal mod to enable transport drones to drive on various modded roads.

Content
10 months ago
Transportation

g Cannot Build on Landfill

1 year, 8 months ago

Today I found that this mod will not allow construction on Landfill tiles. I am unable to place any form of pavement and a wide variety of buildings (not all). Toggling this mod alone creates/fixes the problem, among a huge list of mods. You can see my post in this thread for the list of mods (https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=103290)

1 year, 8 months ago

For the benefit of anyone not following the link, there appear to be some people with a large mod list where toggling Asphalt Roads or this mod (Transport Drones on Asphalt) seems to fix the issue, however, a couple of us have tested that using only Transport Drones, Asphalt Road, and this mod do not have the issue. As such, it looks like this is an issue with (most likely) another mod still that is causing this interaction.

1 year, 7 months ago

Do you have space exploration also installed? Space exploration does some "interesting" things with tilesets to restrict what can be built on planets and what can be built in space, and then Transport Drones does some additional "interesting" things to allow its roads to be placed on both land and space. This produces a host of weird interactions on what can be placed where. Possibly this is one of them?

1 year, 2 months ago

I'm also having this bug, but i dont have Space Exploration, i dont think that whats causing it, i can send you my save file if you need it

1 year, 1 month ago

In some later version of Transport Drones it was posible to place roads at the edge of cliffs, so it was posible for drones trucks to make an shortcut straight through the clif down to the roads. This was fixed also few versions back of Transport Drones.

So maybe this "fix" what prevents placing roads at the edge of cliffs are are also blocking placing roads at edge of Landfill. Try to place an extra landfill and see if you can place road in the previous one.

1 year, 1 month ago

I have had another look through this, and honestly I can't see how this is anything in my mod. It is most likely something in the Transport Drones mod itself. If the bug persists and is specific to when my mod is installed and disappears when mine is gone but Transport Drones is still installed then please can we arrange to swap some savefiles so that I can figure it out?

New response