TrainsReader deprecated

by Hermios

Lets read the content of a train when at a trainStop which is connected to a circuitnetwork

Content
6 years ago
Trains

b Crash while Changing Train Stations

7 years ago

In the process of switching some of my regular train stations to smart train stations (Smarter Trains mod) and renaming the stations, I encountered this error message:

Error while running event
on_train_changed_state (ID 23)
TrainsReader/libs/eventsHandler.lua:8:
attempt to index a nil value

7 years ago

It may have been fixed. Please check and tell me.
Thanks

7 years ago

I updated and received the same error again. This time it said lua:11:

7 years ago

I tried to fix, quite hard to be sure, as I couldn't reproduce it. Please try and tell me.
Thanks

7 years ago

At this point all of my stations are smart stations. When I change the control mode of a train from auto to manual control while parked at a station and then try to move it manually, the TrainsReader mod crashes the game with the lua:11 error. If I place a regular station and try the same thing it does not crash.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

when i switched a train from manual to auto, i just got the same crash message, but at line 13 ...

of course, there are lots of opportunities for conflicts since i am testing which mods i might use on my next map and have installed several trains mods. what i did before the crash: started a new map after updating all mods to the newest versions, set up a stacker with stations from LogisticTrainNetwork, put down some diesel trains and some junk trains, fueled them and gave orders, and as soon as i clicked on the first train to switch to auto, the map crashed (back to the main menu).

after disabling this mod and loading the last autosave, there were no other conflicts or crashes between other mods when i switched trains to auto.

7 years ago

Ok, I tried with smart trains, and it works now. Finger crossed, please continue testing it and tell mit if it is not ok. THanks

7 years ago

Still crashes on lua:11 when switching to manual and attempting to move the train.

7 years ago

Hi Lezreth. Are you sure that you have the last version? I cannot reproduce it. Sorry for that

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I make sure to verify I am using the latest version of a mod before every test I perform, and to attempt to explore every angle before submitting a bug report to ensure I am giving as much detail as possible to the author. I can't think of any additional details to add to what has been said thus far.

Therefore, I have included the following link to a folder in my Google Drive that contains 2 zip files: (1) the entire contents of my mods folder, and (2) the save file for my current game, in which my character is currently standing next to a train I have been using as a shuttle. Before uploading I also verified one more time that climbing in, switching control to manual, and attempting to move the train results in a crash. I have also verified that all of the other mods work with each other without issue.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byroz2BAyLHoZWlBcTJ3MS1hS0k

7 years ago

Hi Lezreth
I found the issue : Conflict with Smart train, as your train-stops are from Smart trains, they were not checked by the system.
It should work now

New response